Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Relationships
16-05-2008, 07:06 PM
Relationships
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet or not but I would like sim relationships to be a bit more complex. 

For example, my friend had a guy and a girl that went out ONE night and the guy proposed at the end of the evening and her girl sim accepted.  In real life, this would not be a regular occurance.  Maybe some people would do that but I think sims need to go out with a sim more than once to decide if they should marry or not. 

Also, I would love to see a sim reject the other sim the first time for no reason and just continue being friends but like the second time they are asked, they accept.  I would like this for some of my story lines and this happens in real life too because one sim may just not be ready for marriage and settling down.  I just think they should maybe take a bit more time as if they are actually thinking a relationship over and stuff like most people do. 

I heard that maybe sims lives will be a bit longer so this would hurt them at all to add a bit more realism in sims relationships. 

~ Laura ~<br /><br />[Image: buffythevampireslayer.png]
<br /><br />[red]Only a vampire can love you forever.<br /><br />[green]TS3 comes out June 2!!!&nbsp; Get Excited!!!<br /><br />[Image: 6Q1Z.gif]
<br />[Image: 6RHK.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: 04q7.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: Rx9p.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: w2pa.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: ttv4.gif]
Quote this message in a reply
17-05-2008, 05:52 PM
Re: Relationships
i think there should different types of relationships  for friends or boy/girl friends
17-05-2008, 05:53 PM
yeah, that was another thing that I wanted too.  Not every boy and girl that are friends become boyfriend and girlfriend.  They need to distinguish this better.

<br /><br />[red]Only a vampire can love you forever.<br /><br />[green]TS3 comes out June 2!!!&nbsp; Get Excited!!!<br /><br />[Image: 6Q1Z.gif]
17-05-2008, 06:09 PM
I found it dumb how kids sims could become very good friends with adult sims. Most kids in real life don't want to have anything to do with adults.

[Image: 330673p.jpg]
[Image: 2zhqmj5.gif]
[Image: n6s0gi.jpg]
17-05-2008, 06:16 PM
yeah, the relationships sims have with one another really needs some fixing.  I'm hoping this is something that TS3 will have fixed and that relationships are more humanlike.

17-05-2008, 06:27 PM
like it Big Grin  {clap}
Also like if you don't call someone,then they're not your friend. That doesn't happen in real life!
Hopefully in the sims 3 things will be REAL. Cause I don't like to really keep up with my sims friends sometimes.
And it annoys me that i have to keep up friends just to keep a job.

17-05-2008, 10:41 PM
Precisely my thoughts.  {clap}

17-05-2008, 11:53 PM
I was thinking the opposite. I want relationships to be easier. I don't like how you had to talk to the person every other day. I know I don't talk to my friends every other day.

Maybe it will be easier, but more complex?

Sad

I'm here to help! Send me a private message!
18-05-2008, 12:19 AM
well, I'm thinking what you are thinking and yet I want more to relationships.  I want them to not have to have like constant contact with another sim to stay friends but I don't think marriage or best friend type relationships should happen terribly quickly.  However, I don't think they should have to contact each other every single day or whatever.  So, I am thinking what you are thinking too.  The relationships just need to be more realistic.

18-05-2008, 01:01 AM
so
  • Different sims should have different ideals on when it's a good time to get married.

• Relationships/Friendships should be easier to manage and not end so quickly over ridiculousness.

• Going from best friend to lover shouldn't be so spontaneous and easy.

• Relationships should not be job oriented.

• And kids shouldn't be all goodytwoshoes with every adult that comes around or even the ones in their lives.