Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Server move completed
23-05-2008, 02:53 AM
Re: Server move completed
A server is what runs this site basically.

Is the site already expanding like a MTS2?

Also, I noticed that when I tried just a minute ago, the site was down. It happened, then didn't. And it happened one more time.

I'm here to help! Send me a private message!
Quote this message in a reply
23-05-2008, 09:56 AM
I assume the new server hs something to do with this site running slow for me? I thought it was my connection but it seems to be running fine on other sites. Sad

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
23-05-2008, 10:41 AM
That's odd Cassie, it seems to be running fine for me. I don't think the move would have affected the speed. When is it slow? During certain periods or all the time?

I'm always happy to help! If you need anything, just send me a personal message (PM) and I'll try help if I can...
23-05-2008, 11:05 AM
All the time, it takes a lot longer for pages to load now. But I'm on YouTube and others now and it's all just fine and dandy in speed, but it's intolerably slow for me here considering I post a lot. I'm not going to be able to carry on with the speed it's at now. I'll go and my other computer tonight and see if it's slow there. I wont me on this laptop much over the coming weeks anyway.

23-05-2008, 11:09 AM
Matt-

The first time I load http://www.simsforums.net after opening my browser, I get an error saying the site is unavailable. Like Cassie, it seems slower all the time.

I'm here to help! Send me a private message!
23-05-2008, 11:14 AM
I had that error too. I don't experience it now, things work fine, it's just the speed, it's not too good.

23-05-2008, 11:14 AM
Hmm, I can't say this happens to me. Sad The speed is fine for me...

Coming Soon...
23-05-2008, 11:16 AM
Well, maybe it depends what what-do-you-call-it your using? Who hosts your internet or something... ?

23-05-2008, 11:53 AM
Your ISP? It could be that. The site has physically moved location, however Munsta and I are both in the UK and haven't noticed a difference so I'm afraid it could be down to individual issues Sad.

Try clearing out your Internet cache too, in case there is an issue there.

I'm always happy to help! If you need anything, just send me a personal message (PM) and I'll try help if I can...
23-05-2008, 12:42 PM
It's happening with Bat too, that's why I was wondering. {yes} I'll check how it works upstairs later and then if it's still bad there, Ill try the cache suggestion, thanks. Smile