Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rich sim, poor sim.
27-05-2008, 07:27 AM
Re: Rich sim, poor sim.
i don't agree about clothes being a turn off maybe just a turn on where a sim is looking to date richer sims

<br />[Image: event.png]
<br />
Quote this message in a reply
27-05-2008, 03:21 PM
(27-05-2008 01:53 AM)potter and pink panther link Wrote:i agree  {yes}

maybe there can be a money class meter   (lower class, middle class, upper class) and buy stuff on their class and go places on their

I don't think sims should be prohibited from buying things that aren't in their class. It would make things interesting though if a fashion oriented sim constantly bought clothes she couldn't afford.

The one thing I don't like about this is that style does not correspond with cost. Its easy to be really fashionable and not spend that much money. I hope that we can adjust how sims perceive clothes. I doubt it, but I really wish it was possible.
27-05-2008, 04:33 PM
(27-05-2008 03:21 PM)dejadeja BOO! link Wrote:I don't think sims should be prohibited from buying things that aren't in their class. It would make things interesting though if a fashion oriented sim constantly bought clothes she couldn't afford.

i agree it could be fun to have a not that rich sim buy expemsive clothes. maybe it can be a dream for a sim to buy an outfit

(27-05-2008 03:21 PM)dejadeja BOO! link Wrote:The one thing I don't like about this is that style does not correspond with cost. Its easy to be really fashionable and not spend that much money. I hope that we can adjust how sims perceive clothes. I doubt it, but I really wish it was possible.
not everybody have the same taste what is think is fine clothes can be considered by someone else as a rag
i do agree that style should correspond with cost
i think that there should be let's say 5 diffrent levels of clothing so we can be able to rate clothes from 1-5
or we can have a folder for each type and we just move the clothing to the rite folder

<br />
27-05-2008, 05:02 PM
Wait, I DON'T think that style should correspond with cost, at least to some extent.

I think clothes should be rated on two scales. Style and then seperately, cost. Earlier in the thread I outlined what I think the cost scale should be. Then there could be a 1-5 scale for style, like you suggested. How stylish clothing was could be preset by EA, but then changed by the us if we didn't like how something was categorized. If a sim spent very little money on clothes but was extremely stylish, that wouldn't be a big deal. However if they weren't stylish at all, and spent nothing on their clothes, then they would be looked down on.
27-05-2008, 06:18 PM
oh then i agree with you
i just thought of something there should be second hand stores
i think our sims should be able to get rid of clothing so some very rich sims may not want to wear the same outfit twice so they can throw it out
and poor sim could buy nicer clothes at a second hand store but then an outfit that's usually rated 4 would be rated 3 or 2

<br />
27-05-2008, 08:10 PM
(27-05-2008 06:18 PM)tv_freak link Wrote:oh then i agree with you
i just thought of something there should be second hand stores
i think our sims should be able to get rid of clothing so some very rich sims may not want to wear the same outfit twice so they can throw it out
and poor sim could buy nicer clothes at a second hand store but then an outfit that's usually rated 4 would be rated 3 or 2
yeah like stores like TJ Maxx,or Ross.
I do that.

27-05-2008, 08:29 PM
I also hope that sims aren't wearing the same clothes time after time. I know this would require there to be A LOT of clothing options, but at the very least sims should change outfits every season.
27-05-2008, 08:34 PM
i agree
i'd also like the option to remove items from our sim's closets
in TS2 for example i took my sims on an asian vacation and bought a couple of kimonos for them to wear but when the vacation was over i didn't need the kimonos anymore and they were just stuck in the closet so having the option to remove them would be nice

<br />
27-05-2008, 08:37 PM
Yea, especially those hideous work oufits. In the adventurer career, your sim ends up getting all these crazy outfits...and then they have them forever. Let's let nice sims donate them and other sims just throw them out. Donating clothes could be a little more effort. You would have to call to get someone to pick them up and then give them to the person etc. So it would be a good deed that you had to actually do something for.
27-05-2008, 08:39 PM
this can also apply with furniture
where you can get furniture from a second hand shop and then they are more likely to break and you can donate furniture

<br />