Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Length of the sim days
26-05-2008, 11:29 PM
Length of the sim days
How long do you think sim days should be? I read in one of the articles that they will go slower, but how much slower was not specified at all.

I want my sims to be able to accomplish a lot of things in a day. I also hope they have enough energy to do it all. A full nights sleep should allow teen/adult sims to be out and about all day and at least up until 12 at night. Also instead of passing out when the energy bar gets low, sims should just not do things as quickly. If I'm out when I'm tired, I don't fall asleep, I just might not be a social butterfly. It should be the same with sims.

Certain things should give sims energy boosts. If a sim is generally healthy, exercise should energize them, not make them tired. If a sim loves to party, going to an awesome party could give them a shot of life. Sims that have children should suck it up and put their kids to bed, even if they are exhausted.

I want time to go slowly enough, that if I let my sims relax some, I don't feel like they won't complete what they need to. As it is, if my sims aren't constantly skilling, they won't be able to max out anything until they're about dead. Also, I wish the toddler stage could be a little more relaxed and fun. Parents should just play around with their toddlers. They should learn skills just from being kids, not from being attached to toys. Right now, if my toddlers don't skill all through the night, I feel like they'll be at a disadvantage.

I think that they should make a minute in game, three seconds in real life. This would make more sense for things like going to the bathroom, cooking and eating food. Right now it takes sims like 15 minutes to go to the bathroom and hours to eat a meal as a family. Ridiculous.
Quote this message in a reply
27-05-2008, 06:37 AM
Re: Length of the sim days
I Know! Time is so unrealistic in the game right now!

I thought that they said they halved time... i suppose my mind was making things up again! Smile

[center][Image: RIVERBACK.png]
[/center]
27-05-2008, 07:28 AM
They said they were slowing time down a little bitnso that you could do more with your sims, so it won't take practically a sim hour to fix a bowl of ceral and another one to eat it.

I'm just going to assume that they're making the sim hour maybe last close to 3 minutes our time. Any longer and it would take over an hour to get through the day. Unless you fast forward or something.
27-05-2008, 08:47 AM
I think that fast forwarding should be the normal speed as it is now!

[center][Image: RIVERBACK.png]
[/center]
27-05-2008, 12:45 PM
What?!? Fast forwarding the normal speed??? I would go beserk.

Right now it takes 24 minutes to get through a day. If it was three minutes real time = one hour sim time it would take 72 minutes...a long time! I also think that in TS3, fast forwarding might not be such a common thing because are sims will probably be engaged in more meaningful interactions, not just constant skilling that can be forwarded through.

Initially I thought the three minutes for an hour would be a good idea, but 72 minutes to complete a day is way too long. Maybe if a day was around 40 minutes long that would be a good idea. I don't want to spend half my life in order to complete a legacy.
27-05-2008, 08:34 PM
In the real world 1 sec doesn't equal 1 min.
Cause sometimes i want to do something really important and then i gotta do something else.

I think it should be longer. But other people may like it the way it is, and prob thinks that making the time longer would make the game boring and way to long.
But i think it'd be really helpful/

27-05-2008, 08:38 PM
maybe instead of the 3 speeds we have now there can be 4 speeds
1= a bit slower then the normal speed in TS2
2= what in now the normal speed
3= the medium sped right now
4= the fastest speed right now
that way people who want time to move slower has that option and people who likes the speeds as they are right now have that option

<br />[Image: event.png]
<br />
27-05-2008, 08:41 PM
Yea, I think we need a little bit more time to complete all the things our sims want to do.

Tv freak, I'm a tad confused by your post. We're talking about actually changing the length of the sim day, not changing the rate that you view it. Is that what you're talking about too? I'm not sure.
27-05-2008, 08:46 PM (This post was last modified: 27-05-2008 08:49 PM by tv_freak.)
you can not have a day that will be 30 hours for example
if you're gonna have a day it's have to be the realistic 24 hours
so how many real life minuts is a sim day is decided by the speed at which you play the game
so playing at a lower speed will make sim days longer
also i think the problem isn't that the days are too short it's that it takes sims alot of time to do each action
it can take a sim almost an hour to drink a cup of coffee
if i want a family in the sims 2 to have brakefest together before the kids go to school they have to start eating by like 6 am or the kids will miss the bus to school

<br />[Image: event.png]
<br />
27-05-2008, 08:53 PM
slowing down the speed in the game won't make the days last longer. Just like when you fast forward they move like hyped up on caffine, playing on a lower speed would just make them move slower whilst doing things.