Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Length of the sim days
27-05-2008, 09:00 PM
Re: Length of the sim days
as i've said a day is 24 hours
people keep saying they want more realistic things in TS3 and a more then 24 hours day is not realistic at all in fact i don't think it's even a day
and you've said
(27-05-2008 08:34 PM)Pixie link Wrote:In the real world 1 sec doesn't equal 1 min.
so if you want a sim minut to be more then one real life second you need to slow your game
and also as i've said the big problem isn't that the days are too short it that it takes too much time for a sim to do each action

<br />[Image: event.png]
<br />
Quote this message in a reply
27-05-2008, 09:18 PM
I understand what you're saying about sims taking too long to do each action, and that can be remedied for some things. But for things like going to the bathroom, if they took less time, a sim would be off the toilet in a second, which would look weird and totally unrealistic.

As far as eating breakfast, sims just need to shut up and eat faster. I think that a combination of slowing the time down, and speeding up sim interactions would be awesome.

Yea, thats what I was trying to say eternalbunny.

TVfreak, you can't just slow down your game. Everything would just be in slow motion. EA would actually have to program the game differently.
27-05-2008, 11:32 PM
(27-05-2008 09:00 PM)tv_freak link Wrote:as i've said a day is 24 hours
people keep saying they want more realistic things in TS3 and a more then 24 hours day is not realistic at all in fact i don't think it's even a day
and you've said [quote author=Pixie link=topic=2226.msg71507#msg71507 date=1211916840]
In the real world 1 sec doesn't equal 1 min.
so if you want a sim minut to be more then one real life second you need to slow your game
and also as i've said the big problem isn't that the days are too short it that it takes too much time for a sim to do each action
[/quote]
I understand too, but my point was not to necessarily slow down the game.I didn't really think about slowing down the game.
If you were to slow down the game there wouldn't be any difference. It would be the same,no extra time.
It'd get really boring.
I don't think we need a slow button. Cause that could prob mess up your game or something.

31-05-2008, 10:18 AM
(27-05-2008 09:18 PM)dejadeja BOO! link Wrote:As far as eating breakfast, sims just need to shut up and eat faster. I think that a combination of slowing the time down, and speeding up sim interactions would be awesome.

Urgh, amen to that! I honestly have to sit them in different rooms to make sure they eat before the carpool/bus dissappears. It's disturbing how long it takes them to eat breakfast while talking... it takes about 3 hour Sim time...

Back to how time runs.... well, I immediately assumed that meant they just slow how quickly the seconds go up. Do you see how I mean? As it goes from 2:53, 2:54, 2:55, the second number moves up in seconds, so I think they should just slow how quickly the seconds go up. That means the minutes don't pass my so quickly, resulting in longer days.

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
31-05-2008, 02:30 PM
I like the "slow" "medium" and "fast" options but I agree, 3 secs should equal a min.

I have three secrets. If you ask I will tell you two, but I will only tell the third to Goth Girl and Fanboy Smile<br />Oh, and don't be afraid to ask Big Grin Only 1 person has
01-06-2008, 05:03 AM
needs longer day. not too slow but not too fast would be nice
03-06-2008, 10:02 AM
Brilliant, brilliant ideas there {yes}