Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Time Periods?
27-05-2008, 12:17 AM
Time Periods?
Yeah, we are definitely running out of ideas here but I thought of this one.

After playing the neighborhood they start you out on for a while, what if you then got to pick out a new neighborhood?  I think you can do this but here's the twist.  When you pick (or you could make but this is for picking) a neighborhood what if they had pre-made ones that are themed by certain time periods.  If you have seen the movie Hairspray you know that the clothes/styles/buildings etc. look very much like that time period.  What if you could pick the time period neighborhood and play with sims in that time period.

There could be a mideival period, a colonial time period, 50's, country/western themed one, victorian style neighborhood, modern, etc.  I know some players prefer a modern setting but I think it would be cool to mess with different time periods and homes.  It would be cool to also mix time periods like have a victorian styled neighborhood but the sims there dress modern. 

Just a thought, obviously I am bored with few to no new ideas so I just thought I would throw this out there.  Obviously probably won't happen but still, just a thought.

~ Laura ~<br /><br />[Image: buffythevampireslayer.png]
<br /><br />[red]Only a vampire can love you forever.<br /><br />[green]TS3 comes out June 2!!!&nbsp; Get Excited!!!<br /><br />[Image: 6Q1Z.gif]
<br />[Image: 6RHK.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: 04q7.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: Rx9p.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: w2pa.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: ttv4.gif]
Quote this message in a reply
27-05-2008, 08:53 AM
Re: Time Periods?
Maybe for that Space and Time EP i want?

that would be cool, but quite undoable for the basegame, they want to get the game out there fast, and try and get as much in from the OLD ep's a s possible. Smile

[center][Image: RIVERBACK.png]
[/center]
27-05-2008, 08:41 PM
yeah, I know but it would be cool in an EP.

<br /><br />[red]Only a vampire can love you forever.<br /><br />[green]TS3 comes out June 2!!!&nbsp; Get Excited!!!<br /><br />[Image: 6Q1Z.gif]
27-05-2008, 08:44 PM
That would be a great game, but I think it would have to be its own seperate thing. One deal with the sims is that its open ended. At a certain point the history would have to end, because you'd get to modern times.

Also I think the game mechanics would have to focus way more on the environment and how it changes over time than the sims. I feel like that could be an AMAZING game but something that would be more goal oriented/had specific plot points.
27-05-2008, 11:27 PM
Yes i would like that  Smile
and maybe you could like change history or something  {rolleyes}
Then nothing would be the same. lol
I think it'd be great as an expansion pack, and not into the base game.

28-05-2008, 06:38 PM
i think it will be better as an expansion pack. i wouldn't ant to have a a victorian family in the base game, they never had teles and stuff so it will be Boring but as an ep it will be much better

FAQs<br />Aren't you too old to watch disney?<br />1st and for most no one is too old to watch anything or do anything. I am in No rush to grow up. And disney is more interesting than anyother program there is.<br /><br />why do u like sims?<br />Becuase it is too fun and i can t live without it Big Grin
28-05-2008, 07:06 PM
yeah, in an ep it would be great I'm thinking.

03-06-2008, 10:10 AM
I actually don't agree, I think keep it in the 2000 kind of period.

[edit] Sorry, I missread, I think that actually would be kinda cool Big Grin
03-06-2008, 03:54 PM
ok, lol, I was kinda like you could choose what period you want so why is this bad?  I am sometimes looking for items online that I can download to give some of my homes a different look like from a different time period so I thought this as an EP would make this a whole lot easier.