Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
warning about the new Freetime patch!!!! - careful
31-05-2008, 11:47 AM (This post was last modified: 31-05-2008 02:52 PM by LadyAnnabellOfGlenmore.)
warning about the new Freetime patch!!!! - careful
here i go, defending EA and Maxis over and over again because i really like their sims games...and now they forced secuRom on me. they sneaked a nasty version of secuROM into the newest free time patch. they didn't inform anybody about this. i found out totally on accident, on snootysims.

HEY i just DON'T WANT SECUROM. such methods are a major turnoff.  >:-(
now, i have to admit so far it didn't cause any problems on my machine. i've got a mac and on my windows partition there are only sims games and two other adventure games. all legal, all original (of course) and no burn programs at all. well, i want to keep my windows clean and use it only for the gaming.

BUT it's the way they forced something me that i clearly reject because it does cause issues for other gamers, very honest people btw, for a number of obnoxious reasons.

EA: I HATE YOU for this. I absoluely hate you guys now.
The publishers of my other favourite adventure games did not turn to such user-hostile policies. Why you???
Did you think you're missing out on money?

Well, you will miss out on my money from on. I've had it!!! I'm a f...ing human being and not the prisoner of some games publisher. I have feelings GNARRRL  {cursing}  ARGHHHH {screaming}

sorry ppl this rage had to go somewhere. so be careful if you want to download the patch. There is definitely secuRom in it.

Cross the wounded Galaxies
Quote this message in a reply
31-05-2008, 01:42 PM
Re: warning about the new Freetime patch!!!! - careful
How do you know for certain it's on? Not suggesting you're lying, I'm just curious. EA really are vile. This is what I meant about them being selfish. The only thing they're good at is producing good games, they screw up the rest.

Anyway, I'm so sorry about that! Can't you delete patches? I wouldn't know, I've never downloaded one. I don't think...

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
31-05-2008, 01:48 PM
(31-05-2008 01:42 PM)ι αм яυρєятѕ ωιƒє link Wrote:How do you know for certain it's on? Not suggesting you're lying, I'm just curious. EA really are vile. This is what I meant about them being selfish. The only thing they're good at is producing good games, they screw up the rest.

Anyway, I'm so sorry about that! Can't you delete patches? I wouldn't know, I've never downloaded one. I don't think...

well, according to snootysims.com secuROM is integrated into the patch. snootysims is usually a reliable source so I guess it's true. also snooty says that some people - or their computers anyway - have already suffered from this. i'm sorry for them. it was mean, because there was no information from maxis that this patch contains secuROM at all.

i think it can be removed. but it takes a lot of file copying and you have to remove registry entries. so everybody who wants to remove secuROM from their machine - you should read instructions carefully - look at snooty's news section there are some links with advice and information there and then you better make a complete backup and ask someone who's got experience with registry alterations to help you.

31-05-2008, 01:54 PM
Yes, I just went on Snooty's a minute after you posted that and I realised. Wow, that was sneaky of them. I hope they're happy with themselves (sarcasm). Tut, tut, EA. I guess that's a huge sign it'll be on TS3 if they're already integrating it into TS2.

Once again, I'm sincerely sowwie. Sad I hope you can remove it. That's is another reason why I'm glad I don't need to download patches.

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
31-05-2008, 01:57 PM
(31-05-2008 01:42 PM)ι αм яυρєятѕ ωιƒє link Wrote:The only thing they're good at is producing good games, they screw up the rest.

Yeah I totally agree. But this is our sick, money grabbing society, you know, and as long as most people tolerate such selfish behaviour - nothing will change... >:-(
The game still rocks but it's a question of how much you are willing to take from them (the managers and developers). They might be surprised very negatively, if they go on like that. Their next wonderfully colourful pie-chart of a selling statistic may turn out to be disappointing. We'll see if they're listening or not. Much of what you said is true. I hope something is going to change soon though.  {unsure}

31-05-2008, 02:26 PM
That was very wrong of them. They should have made a disclaimer.. or claimer.. or what ever they want to call it about that being in the patch.!!!  {no} {no}

I understand your rant.. it is warranted.. but could you please please edit the last cussing ( the GD ). I don't mind cussing as a general, it doesn't bother me at all... but that particular cussing does as God is very precious. Please don't think I am trying to be bossy, it is just that is offensive to some. Please and thank you in advance.  Wink
31-05-2008, 02:49 PM
(31-05-2008 02:26 PM)chelikins link Wrote:.. but could you please please edit the last cussing ( the GD ). I don't mind cussing as a general, it doesn't bother me at all... but that particular cussing does as God is very precious. Please don't think I am trying to be bossy, it is just that is offensive to some. Please and thank you in advance.  Wink

no probs. i'll edit this part out.

31-05-2008, 02:54 PM
Thanks.

I asked my husband about the Securom thing.. as he is more computer literate than I am.. he isn't to hip on the idea either.. but of course he loves me and says he will suffer thru it so I can have Sims 3..haha! BUT he is saying the same things as you all.  {no} {no} And what about people that don't have internet.. granted majority do.. but there are still those that don't!
31-05-2008, 03:23 PM
the entire securom thing is just idiotic
if epople want to download a game illegaly they'll find a way to do it there is always a way
all that it's doing is piddle off and ruin the game of honest people who spend money on the game
i don't understand why a person who bought the game and didn't have much problems with FT but downloaded the patch not knowing it has securom get his/her game/computer ruined

<br />[Image: event.png]
<br />
31-05-2008, 11:21 PM
A lot more people are quitting EA games on the BBS, thanks to this. And although i've never had problems with Securom (other than that please insert original disc thing, but I haven't had that since BV) I dislike EA thanks to this. You would think that they would get it when after EVERY EP (and now it looks like every patch aswell!) there is an outrage and MORE people quit them. they wont stop!

I'm just very lucky i've never had problems though, as some people are saying there will be Lawyers involved!

But it IS still legal for them to put any copy protection that they choose into their games. Sad

[center][Image: RIVERBACK.png]
[/center]