Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Story for my entry for the Castaway Competition.
03-06-2008, 10:06 AM
Story for my entry for the Castaway Competition.
I awaken on a mystyrious, tropical island. How did I get here? Am I alone? No idea what's going on. I sit in the hot, relaxing sand, trying to answer the many questions that zoom through my head. All I remember is fire, flames, scorching. I don't know what to expect, but I do know that I need a plan!

Soon I descide to explore the island, get to know my way around. I mean, who knows how long i'll be on this stupid island. I walk for a while, but then come to a halt. What's this? A statue? Hmm, it says, "Soap and water do not mix, flames of doom, flames of doom!" Hmm, what on Earth could that mean? Oh well, it would be best if I just ignored it, I guess.

Soon later, it begins to pour down, just like a thousand hoses watering a single flower. Hmm, I kinda like the rain, just like I used to when I was little. I stopped admiring the rain for a minute and glared into the distance. The idea just hit me in the head like a hammer with a huge spike.

I find some seaweed, rocks, wood, plastic, towels, boots, tires, everything. I stack the things and make a little shelter, until I get proper equiptment. A have a little laugh. Beat that mother nature! Although, I find myself closing my eyelids, and just drifting off to sleep. I'm just standing there, sleeping. My head is slightly tilted, though that makes no difference.

BAM! The noise of thunder wakes me up, and gets me to lie down. I'm so tired after today's hard work.

I have a dream. I see those flames again. Burning down the walls, and burning some people. My mum and dad...are one of those people. Baby Jacob is still on the chair. Where am I? Did this really happen? Is this why i'm here?

The next day, I awaken with the beams of light shining on my face. Ughh, another day of work, work, work. I slowly force myself to get up. The main word there is slowly. I have a quick stretch and blink my eyes a few times to get the sand out. Oh man, what's that horrible smell. Oh gross, it's me!

I walk toward the water, and roll my head around to crack my neck. I slowly put the tip of my big toe into the water to feel it. Ahh, nice and cool. The smell is starting to go away now, finally. I soon hop out and dry myself. I get this odd feeling that i'm being watched.

I can't really think of anything to do, so I descide to just build a sandcastle. I sit myself down, and begin to make a huge clump of sand first. I hear another voice.
"Hello down there! Who are you?" said the strange voice. I turn around and notice that it's another little girl.
"I'm coming down!" she says after.

"Hey, i'm Leslie. What's your name?" said the little girl, with a huge grin on her face.
"Hey, i'm May-Belle." I replied, curiously. We just chat for a while, talking about animals, our lifestyles, our hobbies and such. She claimed that her mother and father lived with her here, but they were hit by a strange ship, after she had played with some soap and water. She didn't get into it so much, although I completly understood why. I sort of feel that way too, like I have no one. But now, I have Leslie.
"Do you live here?" I asked her.
"Yeah. Wanna stay with me until you find your way home?" I pretty much had no choice. I couldn't survive here. I'm a city girl, not a stranded, crazy girl.
"Are you sure that's ok?" I didn't want to be a burden of course!
"Haha, of course!"

Leslie and I walk over some hills, around some trees and rocks, until we come across a little wooden cabin.
"Once again, thanks Leslie". There wasn't really much more I could do, except just...thank her.
"Let's go and play outside!"

We ran as fast as we could so we could have a water fight. While Leslie wasn't looking, I put down my water balloons and walk toward this odd water fountain. It looks pretty Ancient, but I add soap anyway.

BOOM BOOM! The fountain begins to rumble. I look around nervously and spot lava coming out of the fountain, instead of water. I guess that's what that weird statue was talking about before?

About 3 hours later, a ship drops an anchor on the shore of the beach. Out of curiosity, we ran to see what he wanted. He seemed angry and was mumbling to himself. He said things like, 'Argg, I bet ye kids made the fountain angry!'. He ran toward the fountain and flipped a coin into it. I assume you were meant to offer something to it.

Being the nice person I am, I went up to the pirate and apologized for my actions. My parents always complained about me not being so polite and mature.
He called upon some of his friends and we started to party. I honeslty don't understand why, maybe it's part of the offering? I dunno, but the party was fun!

Soon the sun fell and the moon began to rise. I stopped dancing and called Leslie over.
"Uhmm, Leslie?"
"Yeah?"
"Thanks for everything."
"It's alright, as long as you visit me sometime, ok?"
"I promise."

I call the pirate over and ask him if he can take me home, back to Greece, where I belong. He agreed, since I apologozed, and took me aboard. Now, how did I get here in the first place? A mystery...
Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2008, 10:10 AM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2008 11:50 AM by Rena.)
Re: Story for my entry for the Castaway Competition.
Sorry about the double post, but I didn't want to add this to the first post.

I did have some things that were not shown or mentioned in the video, but the video would be way too long if I added all of it (Entries must be 10 minutes or under). The main purpose of this was if you didn't understand anything in the video. This took me ages to type up, so don't just scan read, because that means that this would've been a waste of time Sad

Anyway, I hope you like my entry for the competition. Click here to see my video.
03-06-2008, 10:50 AM
Re: Story for my entry for the Castaway Competition.
I love it!

All the extra things you SHOULD have added in (it wouldn't have taken THAT long) completed the story!

Hooray!

[center][Image: RIVERBACK.png]
[/center]