Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Poll: When will you buy the Sims 3
The minute it comes out!!!
The next day
A few days after it comes out
Bah! I might not get it till a year after it comes out, who knows?
I\'m not getting the Sims 3!
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
While we're away
19-03-2008, 02:29 AM
While we're away
OK, I definetly don't want my Sims to keep on living their life while we're away.  If you focus on a single family for a week, when you go back to another family, your adults may have burned down in a fire, your teenager may have started going out, and your favorite kitty may have runaway!  I don't want my Sims to age and give birth and everything while I'm playing someone else.  But the worst part of this is, this has all been confirmed in an official interview with an EAxis worker!  No! :'(
Quote this message in a reply
19-03-2008, 02:30 AM
Re: While we're away
what i'm really worried about is someone having a kid while i'm not there and naming it goopy

[Image: judycollage.jpg]
19-03-2008, 02:33 AM
I totally forgot about the NAMING of children.

Well, I don't think sims will be giving birth and automatically naming kids when you're gone, I think they will still age but IMPORTANT events will happen once you play that family again.

That's my theory, anyway.

and there might be an option to turn off the aging of other families.

~The Great And Powerful Moz<br /><br />tons of info about The Sims 3.<br />http://www.sims3.com/the_sims_3/check_this_out-t976.0.html
19-03-2008, 02:34 AM
I guess you'd always get a notification over things like that.

Or maybe your Sim could be watching the news channel, and learn that the Smith family had a fire that afternoon. Or perhaps you are expected to be looking in on other Sims frequently... now that you actually have the option of doing so.
19-03-2008, 02:35 AM
Don't fret too much. They have confirmed it but I believe they take us gamers into consideration a great deal. I'm sure there will be an option that turns aging off and it may be very gradual aging at that.

New 17&quot; Laptop with wireless printer/scanner combo-$1,400<br />Sims 3 Pre-order-$70<br />College Books-$500<br />Being envied by your friends while they cram for exams and you play TS3- PRICELESS!!!!<br /><br />Forget Visa, Mastercard, and American Express- it pays to Discover!!!!
19-03-2008, 02:35 AM
[glow=purple,2,300]Well i heard that nothing new will happen they will just age. ???[/glow]

~bcool<br />[Image: signature1edit4efo7.jpg]
<br />Come and see me at http://www.Youtube.com/user/2bcoolisme<br /> my screenname is 2bcoolisme come n watch <br />u know u want 2 : )= and myspace is http://www.MySpace.com/simsaddictGello<br />The ppl on here r like My Second Family ^^ love ya guys Smile
19-03-2008, 02:40 AM
Don’t fear, EA will figure out a way to satisfy everybody. There’s a few ways they might do it…

- Focus on one household while others are in “(very smart, But uneventful) auto-pilot”
- Easy switching between households
- Warnings of other sims activities
- Slower ageing, no ageing
- Cameras of what other sims are doing
- Abilty Redo certain amount of time

I’ll have something creative here you’ll see..
19-03-2008, 02:41 AM
i like the warning idea...that way i wouldn't have to switch over but could still control a little of what happens to that sim

[Image: judycollage.jpg]
19-03-2008, 02:45 AM
I wonder what would happen if your sim knocked on their neighbor's door, to find out that the neighbor had been dead for a week.

There was never a process of "finding things out" in the Sims 2.
Everyone in a neighborhood just sort of knew that a Sim had died.. the instant it happened.
19-03-2008, 02:49 AM
(19-03-2008 02:45 AM)Reddle link Wrote:I wonder what would happen if your sim knocked on their neighbor's door, to find out that the neighbor had been dead for a week.

There was never a process of "finding things out" in the Sims 2.
Everyone in a neighborhood just sort of knew that a Sim had died.. the instant it happened.
Yeah it all of a sudden just pops into your memory haha