Login:
or Register

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Major Suggestion
19-03-2008, 07:56 PM
Re: Major Suggestion
Wow...there should be a debate section on this site.

[center][Image: icon110.png]
[Image: 7.png]
[Image: 8.png]
<br />[Image: donutmanatee2.gif]
<br />It's...the doughnut manatee. XD
19-03-2008, 08:13 PM (This post was last modified: 19-03-2008 08:16 PM by Itchmecho.)
I'd like that!, but moving on..

Yeah, but those companies probably don't know about it, it is sitll illegal, but hey if EA doesn't do anything about it, well ok then thats fine, i am just trying to say that knowing EA, and the giant they are, who knows what they could do....

and Munsta it can be illegal, Sims 3 does belong to EA, and so does The sims 3, i am just trying to save you if anything does happen, which it might not, i just like to get in a good debate and post my opinion in its rightful place, and see who opposes it.
19-03-2008, 08:14 PM
Hopefully they won't do anything. It's easier to remember sims3.com than it is to remember some random thing pulled out of the air.

19-03-2008, 08:41 PM
As far as I'm aware the site does not infringe on any trademark owned by EA and complies with EA's legal disclaimers and licenses included within their fansite kits. The trademark that EA owns is for the term 'The Sims' and our domain does not include that trademark. And even if it did, there are countless fan sites which do, which as suggested by their continued operation, EA have no objection to.

As Matt has already pointed out, we also clearly state that we're not an official site and that we have no affiliation with EA. All official EA sites are also suffixed with ea.com, e.g. thesims3.ea.com, so it's clear we're not an official site.

We will be contacting EA to be added to their fan site mailing list shortly. I'm sure they will use that opportunity to let us know if they have any concerns.
19-03-2008, 08:43 PM
Sweet Smile I don't think there will be any problems.

19-03-2008, 09:28 PM
Ok, well thats good, i was worried there for a bit... but still, i won't drag this issue on any longer because i will get myself in a hole, and can't get out of it... that always happens and i never know when to stop...
19-03-2008, 09:29 PM
Smile That's okay.

19-03-2008, 09:30 PM (This post was last modified: 19-03-2008 10:22 PM by Admin (At GTA).)
< Removed - No swearing please. Thanks. (Rules updated) >
If someone wanted to find sims 3 how hard could it possibly be, try google.
19-03-2008, 09:32 PM (This post was last modified: 19-03-2008 09:35 PM by Itchmecho.)
Ok... well you went overboard with that, and no he isn't i feel the same way, its confusing, and its figuring out which one is which, who wants to search for something they already know, people don't know the difference, man you need to read and figure out what is going on, because you just went way overboard
19-03-2008, 09:38 PM
its a forum about sims3 how is that confusing? cant you tell the diffrence between a website and a forum? are you that stupid?
Thread Closed