Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Sims 3 Event ~ Full Report
20-07-2008, 04:14 PM
Re: The Sims 3 Event ~ Full Report
Bambi! Thankyou for posting! {clap} I can't wait for the game! I love it, everything that's going to be in it! Especially the 'voice-pitching'!

-'BlondBimbo

[center] [color=pink]Click here to visit my Flickr-account![/center]<br /><br />[center][Image: 4551831341_6aed0dc01d_s.jpg]
[Image: 4117563128_9c3c280b5d_s.jpg]
[Image: 4450527842_a3542a1668_s.jpg]
[Image: 4502276389_3bd7c60509_s.jpg]
[Image: 4412261932_ee7ddeaa85_s.jpg]
<br /><br />[color=pink]Follow me on Twitter: <br />[b]@MelissaDTH<br />@Amirightband[/center]
Quote this message in a reply
20-07-2008, 04:18 PM
@ Bat:

1) Yes, there very well could be butlers and maids. They weren't specific as to what the service NPCs are (or any NPCs, for that matter), but I'm sure they'd rather advance with the NPCs than take a step back. So hopefully there will be butlers/maids.

2) Yep, no swimming in the ocean. I don't remember the reasoning behind this, if there even was a reason, but I'm sure it was a good one. Wink

3) Yes, you can make your own towns. I'm not really sure what the details are about that yet, but of course you can create your own.

4) I don't think they said why there can only be 8 Sims per house, but I'd assume it either has something to do with the coding or something. Or maybe they just make it that way as to not let players get too flustered with the amount of Sims they have in a household? I really have no idea. That'd be a good question to ask, the next time we get a chance.

5) What exactly do you mean by realistically? Like I said, there are diagonal walls, so that will add more possibilites for designs and such, and everything looks a lot nicer...but I'm not quite sure what you mean by realistic.

6) They didn't say exactly what wasn't included from TS2, but it's rather obvious that it won't all be there. A few things, however, include memories and possibly zodiacs. This is because there really isn't any need for them, so I'd assume that's the reasoning behind all the other things they're going to take out.

7) You should have heard everyone when she explained the tables and chairs...they went crazy. Wink

8) The slots thing is GREAT! Again, we were pretty ecstatic about that one, as well. Wink

9) You can build basements, but there's no actual basement creation feature. Does that make more sense?

[center][Image: icon110.png]
[Image: 7.png]
[Image: 8.png]
<br />[Image: donutmanatee2.gif]
<br />It's...the doughnut manatee. XD
20-07-2008, 04:19 PM
And the toddlers? Sad

I can't wait to find out why nothing is being said about the little ones!

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
20-07-2008, 04:20 PM
Oops, I forgot the voice thing! I know I missed quite a bunch, actually, but blame it on the lack of sleep and jet lag. Wink I will add more when it comes to me.

And I don't know why they're not mentioning babies and toddlers.

20-07-2008, 04:21 PM
@ Bambi:

Wow!

Thanks so much!

When I said realistic, I thought about perhaps a house with stairs that go up, landing, go up to the next floor? I guess that doesn't have anything to do with walls, lol.

Any news on staircases, I forgot to ask?

The basements make more sense now. I thought I missed that there was a basement function in TS2, lol.

OK!

Thanks!!!

I'm here to help! Send me a private message!
20-07-2008, 04:24 PM
(20-07-2008 04:20 PM)๒ค๓๒เ~קคl๏๏zค link Wrote:And I don't know why they're not mentioning babies and toddlers.

Okay then. {unsure} Thank you, though!

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
20-07-2008, 04:28 PM
@ Bat:

Hehe, you're very welcome. Feel free to ask anything else you'd like, and I'll try my best to answer. Smile

Stairs? Landing? I'm not quite following, but no, it doesn't sound like it has much to do with walls. Wink

As for staircases - the width is adjustable, and there will be spiral staircases. That's the extent of it, really.

20-07-2008, 04:31 PM
[Image: stairs.JPG]

Now, not that big, but is something like that possible to go up 1 floor? I mean, there may be something underneath so you can't walk under it, but is that possible?

Oh, and your staircase description sounds great!

20-07-2008, 04:45 PM
Oh! I see what you mean. Hm...I'm not sure if there will actually be a feature for that, but I think I could figure out a way to do it. If not myself, than probably someone else could. It'd be a great thing to have, that's for sure! Smile

20-07-2008, 05:02 PM
Yeah. It was possible in TS2, but it took cheats and time to get it right, lol.