it could also be very disappointing if we guess a date that's too early

<br />[Image: event.png]
<br />
Quote this message in a reply
21-07-2008, 09:37 PM
Re: Countdown Timer
well yes it would.
i guess we should just wait Sad

[center]<br />CHICKEN NUGGETS.<br />i'm eating some right now. no, you can't have any, you imbecile!
21-07-2008, 09:37 PM
I suppose waiting is the better choice. However, when we have a date/month, I think it would be a good choice.

I'm here to help! Send me a private message!
21-07-2008, 09:55 PM
that would be very cool to have a countdown timer just as soon as we have a date to count down to (hopefully that will be soon)

<br />[Image: event.png]
<br />
21-07-2008, 10:05 PM
Can it be one that we can save to our desktop so we can constantly check it, if that's possible? Like MuggleNet has.

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
21-07-2008, 10:43 PM
i think yahoo has a countdown app

[center]<br />CHICKEN NUGGETS.<br />i'm eating some right now. no, you can't have any, you imbecile!
22-07-2008, 12:14 AM
cool Big Grin
this sounds like fun
but we gotta countdown the days, not minutes! what are we gonna do about time differences? Tongue
22-07-2008, 12:22 AM
Don't countdowns naturally adjust to your computer time settings (meaning whatever time and date you have your computer set to is where it's counting from)? At least, some do, that's how they work on MuggleNet. Hopefully we can get some like that so we can cheat and pretend (when we know the release date) that it's the day of release and set our computer settings to that date and be like {woot} just for pretend. xD

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
22-07-2008, 12:23 AM
this is my plan
-we all estimate the date
-then we generate our own countdowns online, according to the colors we like and our time zones
what do you think?

22-07-2008, 08:59 AM
It's not difficult to set up a countdown script so I'll be sure to add one when we finally get an official release date!

I'm always happy to help! If you need anything, just send me a personal message (PM) and I'll try help if I can...