Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Will The sims 3 Be Able to run Smoothly on Laptops? - PLEASE REPLY I NED TO KNOW
18-08-2008, 11:41 AM
Will The sims 3 Be Able to run Smoothly on Laptops? - PLEASE REPLY I NED TO KNOW
I was just wandering if the sims 3 would be able to run smotthly on latops

FAQs<br />Aren't you too old to watch disney?<br />1st and for most no one is too old to watch anything or do anything. I am in No rush to grow up. And disney is more interesting than anyother program there is.<br /><br />why do u like sims?<br />Becuase it is too fun and i can t live without it Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply
18-08-2008, 12:26 PM
Re: Will The sims 3 Be Able to run Smoothly on Laptops? - PLEASE REPLY I NED TO KNOW
well they say that TS3 is designed for older computers so im guessing 50/50 chance guess youll just have to wait  {glare}....if they ever give us an update......

[Image: jointhedarkside.jpg]
<br />[Image: Hillary_Obama_StarWars.gif]
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj182/LordAnty/LOLCATS/PANIC.jpg
18-08-2008, 12:49 PM
Re: Will The sims 3 Be Able to run Smoothly on Laptops? - PLEASE REPLY I NED TO KNOW
like mrcat60 said they did say the game is designed to work with older computers so i think it depends on how old is your laptop
personally i think that the main problem (at least something that will bother me) with playing sims games on laptops is the fact that the game is mostly controled using a mouse...

<br />[Image: event.png]
<br />
18-08-2008, 12:54 PM
(18-08-2008 12:49 PM)tv_freak link Wrote:like mrcat60 said they did say the game is designed to work with older computers so i think it depends on how old is your laptop
personally i think that the main problem (at least something that will bother me) with playing sims games on laptops is the fact that the game is mostly controled using a mouse...
maybe they'll make it laptop friendly

18-08-2008, 01:43 PM
I doubt it. I don't mind my laptop not having an actual mouse. I'm actually used to it! Big Grin

March 17, 2008 - September 7, 2008
September 1, 2009 - present
18-08-2008, 01:44 PM
(18-08-2008 12:49 PM)tv_freak link Wrote:like mrcat60 said they did say the game is designed to work with older computers so i think it depends on how old is your laptop

Yes, mouses are better, however you can use a mouse with a laptop so that should be okay. Smile

It really depends on what laptop you're getting or you plan to play it on. You really should take what EA says about it running on granny computers with a pinch of salt. You don't really know what granny computers are to EA.

Personally, I wouldn't dare to play TS3 on a laptop purely because I know how laptop friendly TS2 was, and let me tell you, it wasn't very friendly. I think, before we can really judge anything, we need to know the official system requirements and then we'll all know whether the systems we plan to run the game on are satisfactory.

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
18-08-2008, 01:48 PM
BUT Cassie, if you get used to a laptop, you could play TS3 on it if you understand what keys to use to move around and everything. Wink

18-08-2008, 02:42 PM
I did play TS2 on my laptop, it's not the keys that bother me, it's the graphics. The graphics could not go to their full potential like they did on my computer, and my laptop cost more than a thousand pounds as well, so I expected it to play very well. Smoothness wise it was good, but EA have said they didn't make TS2 for laptops and they know it's not laptop friendly, that's what they made Life Stories for. Maybe they'll work on this for TS3.

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
18-08-2008, 02:53 PM
I have a laptop, and it was only about $500 and the graphics seem to work pretty well...

Maybe I should install TS2 on the desktop...{unsure}

Maybe it was just your laptop that was the problem. Wink

18-08-2008, 03:03 PM
Well hopfully what EA means by grannys computer it will work on MOST computer like maybe windows XP (mine *crosses fingers*) and the older ones as well not just Vista