Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
To Mac users (or anybody who wants to answer).
18-08-2008, 10:57 PM
To Mac users (or anybody who wants to answer).
hi!  Smile

i'm really wondering if the sims 3 will run on iMacs core 2 duo. ???

Actually it is said it's possible to run sims 2 on iMacs core 2 duo!

For those who do it does it run properly ( i mean like if it was running on a pc ).

I'm afraid that when i'm buying my new IMac, it not powerful enough to run sims 3 as we don't even know the requirements.

I would really appreciate to know about people experience with sims2 for Pc running on iMacs (I 'd like as details as posible)  . Big Grin

i can't imagine to use another computer than a Mac. {unsure}

CLOVER POWER!
Quote this message in a reply
18-08-2008, 11:03 PM
Re: To Mac users (or anybody who wants to answer).
The Sims 2 doesn't work on Mac unless you have a Mac version of the game, The Sims 3 will not work unless you have a Mac version of the game.  Wink

—Scott (I have a Mac)
18-08-2008, 11:05 PM
Also, I should urge you that the Mac versions do come out later than the PC and DVD versions so you would have to wait a while.

At least, this is how it was with TS2, so I'm just letting you know. Smile

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
18-08-2008, 11:45 PM (This post was last modified: 18-08-2008 11:49 PM by cyan971.)
(18-08-2008 11:05 PM)Cassie link Wrote:Also, I should urge you that the Mac versions do come out later than the PC and DVD versions so you would have to wait a while.

At least, this is how it was with TS2, so I'm just letting you know. Smile

i know that mac version of the game isn't programed yet!

Do you guys know what's I MAc CORE 2 DUO?

It happens that some people are running it on there mac so i don"t really think there is problem with it!

i would like to be reassured by some others experience.

CLOVER POWER!
19-08-2008, 12:40 AM
Okay, I have a Mac with Core 2 Duo, Intel Core 2 Duo is a processor! A processor that is faster than the previous version, it does not mean you can play the sims 2 on it, if you want to play the sims 2 on a mac, you'll need to download Bootcamp and install a copy of Windows onto your Mac, that is the only way you can play a PC version of The Sims 2 or 3 for that matter on any Mac!

—Scott
19-08-2008, 12:57 AM
Cyan, you are talking about hardware problems, right?

I'm not an Apple fan, so I can't help you there. However, it would be nice to have an ever growing Apple community on this site!

Bat

I'm here to help! Send me a private message!
19-08-2008, 02:17 AM
Sims3 Wont work for a Mac. Windows ownes Apple ... Windows = 91% and apple is loosing market share to Microsoft. Apple is UNIX OS
so its hard to play games on it.

they say they will have the sims3 for macs a year after or so.

I think you should run boot camp and run windows Vista 

[Image: visesims+logo.jpg]
<br /><br />Smile http://www.visesims.net.tc
19-08-2008, 02:17 AM
i have a mac pro Smile

[Image: visesims+logo.jpg]
<br /><br />Smile http://www.visesims.net.tc
19-08-2008, 03:57 PM (This post was last modified: 19-08-2008 04:14 PM by cyan971.)
(19-08-2008 12:57 AM)Bat link Wrote:Cyan, you are talking about hardware problems, right?

I'm not an Apple fan, so I can't help you there. However, it would be nice to have an ever growing Apple community on this site!

Bat

ow such a good idea! it's really exiting! {clap}

ok thank's to you all for your answers, but i already knew that i'll have to download bootcamp.

as it is possible ( may be hard to do but possible) i'd really want testimonies s of some others who did it, because there 2 things that i' sure

1) i won't be able to buy any other computer but  a Mac ( except if i have a lot of money so i don't mind to buy another computer, but it's not my case yet! lol!)

2) i'll die if i had to wait till sism3 release for Macs, it's just not possible!!!!! {wacko} can u imagine it now mac player re still waiting for major sims 2 releases, here is where we are now : latest expantion pack : bon voyage !!!!!!
                                                                        latest stuff pack : christmas pack !!!!!!!( among family fun stuff n' glamour life!)

this is not fair!

i don't understand it as spore is coming at the same time for mac n' pc , why, why isn't it the case with th e sims 3 which is so far their best seller ever?

so that's why i plan to do that, i know u might think why i'm i not buying a pc, it 'd be easier,yes , but i really don't feel comfortable and secure with a pc!

what a dilemma! {unsure}

CLOVER POWER!
19-08-2008, 04:40 PM
Cyan-

Just got an email from apple today. Their sales for back to school are almost over, so if you were to get a new Mac, I'm sure you could find a pretty reasonable one.

If all else fails, check EBAY.

Bat

I'm here to help! Send me a private message!