Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
An Idea
05-09-2008, 02:49 AM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2008 02:50 AM by Majick.)
An Idea
I have off the next three days, and thought that another short story would be fun. I have an idea in mind, but I'm not sure if I can pull it off. I did a short story sometime back using some of Pleasantville's premades and two CAS sims (Which can be found here: http://www.simsforums.net/legacy_family_...18.0.html) and got to thinking about how I could try and do another short story, though maybe a bit longer and with more plot to it.

Here's the general idea of how it's gonna start.

Camden Applegate is a single man who just found out he's a father. When a young girl shows up at his doorstep  with a letter written by her mother, Camden's ex-fiance Jessica, he's beside himself with shock of this newfound daughter, and grief for the loss of his ex. Being a single man-turned-father makes things complicated, and the bachelor life he once knew and loved gets turned upside-down.

Alicia Summers is a 12 year old girl who's mother has recently passed away. With no blood relatives that she knows of she's being forced into foster care. That is until going through her mother's belongings she finds a letter that had been written - but never mailed - to a man who she suspects to be her father. Against court orders Alicia runs away and seeks out the man who has been living just a few hours from her her entire life - with the hopes of proving his relationship to her.

So, what do you guys think? Too generic? Too "been-there, done-that"? Or could it still be a cute idea?

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2008, 03:13 AM
Re: An Idea
I think its a cute idea ^^ it seems a lot like the movie The Game Plan, but I think it'd still be worth reading.

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
05-09-2008, 03:16 AM
Wow, really?

I've been wanting to see that movie, LOL

05-09-2008, 03:19 AM
Yeah XD That was the first thing that came to my mind. It is a cute movie though ^^

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
05-09-2008, 08:06 PM
Well, I was going to give it a try, but ... I can't turn free will off ... and trying to control that many sims between the two lots I was going to be using to do the story ... would just be waaaay too much of a hassle.  If I could turn Free Will Off, I'd be set to go ... ah well.

Stupid Computer. LoL

05-09-2008, 10:24 PM
wow thats a great idea!
to bad about free will Sad
05-09-2008, 11:35 PM
Aw, that stinks. Having Free Will on is a lot of hassle if your making a story or videos.

06-09-2008, 03:07 AM
Yeah, the last story I did was in a very controlled environment (I never left the lot).

But this story was going to take place between two lots because of all the characters I was going to make for it (boolprop is my friend, you can make unselectible sims selectible!) so I needed to have free will turned off, definately.

07-09-2008, 05:55 AM
definantly!
10-09-2008, 05:42 AM
{clap} {clap} yea!!! a Majick short story.. I cannot wait!