Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Other Ways To Get More Members?
13-09-2008, 06:21 PM (This post was last modified: 13-09-2008 06:23 PM by yummybunny.)
Other Ways To Get More Members?
Scott has been doing a great job trying to promote the website and everything.  I'll give him a hand for that.  Making videos and competitions.  But what can be added to the SimsFans website to make it even more popular? 

So far:  there are constant updates, pics, blogs, polls, a google search, and articles, and people can add comments.  So there isn't much more to add.  When people go on the website, they want to be amazed...

I have looked on other sims websites and here are good suggestions to add:

Info on The Sims, The Sims 2, and the expansion packs.
A rating system of each game and expansion with comments
Add a MySpace and a Facebook page
Have Even more blogs:  Maybe there should be a person or two to make sure blogs are updated, and maybe add one every week or so.
More links
Links to CC sites
More videos and competitions
Put a subscription option on blogs (Notify by email if a new comment appears)
Wallpaper downloads
A better wallpaper for the website (The website looks good, but we can add more color and variety)
Highlight the hottest articles/topics/blogs of the website
Unique Content
Have an info page...traits of TS3 and information on it (Just cite the sources)
Guides/Walkthroughs/Cheats/Tips for the game and movie making

I'm not complaining...I just want there to be more visitors...more visitors and people impressed to the site= they come back=more forum members.

There may be other ideas.  If anyone has some...please list them. 
(Also think of what made Snooty Sims and Infinite Sims, and other websites more popular)

I also know the website is aiming to be a Sims 3 website...Idk if it is a Sims 3 only site, but since it isn't out, adding info and stuff about Sims 2 may help. (That's why I mentioned Sims 2)

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
Quote this message in a reply
13-09-2008, 07:00 PM
Re: Other Ways To Get More Members?
13-09-2008, 07:11 PM
Wow. Those are extremely good ideas {woot}. I'll bring this to the staff's attention!!! Thanks so much. Karma.
13-09-2008, 07:13 PM
i would love all of those
and im so excited for interviews!!!!
i really would love to be interviewed!!!
13-09-2008, 09:04 PM
Those are great ideas! I think attracting attention with TS2 stuff would work best. Especially walkthrough/guides

We could also do a referral game/system to help people bring in more people for prizes or something.

Karma!

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
14-09-2008, 01:58 AM
i would love to do a myspace page for us!
i loveeeee myspace; i spend a lot of my free time there!

[center]<br />CHICKEN NUGGETS.<br />i'm eating some right now. no, you can't have any, you imbecile!
14-09-2008, 04:29 PM
i dont have one :'(
15-09-2008, 03:21 AM
Oh!

I was searching around just now and found this Sims 3 site where you can add links to other sims sites (including sims 3) and someone should add ours! It may increase member activity:

http://www.sims3life.com/index.php?optio...Itemid=167

That's the link to the sims 3 links

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
15-09-2008, 01:42 PM
sweet!!!!!! 8)
17-09-2008, 11:10 PM
I know a lot of codes for myspace;
I'm also pretty popular [not bragging D:] on piczo too, so that could work as well.

[center][Image: signature.jpg]
<br />the legacy of me - 19/3 | facebook | twitter