Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ideas for Pregnancy, Births, and Adoption
19-03-2008, 11:01 PM
Re: Ideas for Pregnancy, Births, and Adoption
It would be really relistic if we did have these things, but the sims would lose it's cartoon aspect. It's ment to be funny; with glichtches, isn't that what the isms is ment to be, a fun game. Funny, with things to really laugh about more than relistic?

[Image: teadybears.png]
<br />All of my artwork is made by me, PM me if you want a request.
Quote this message in a reply
19-03-2008, 11:04 PM
I am sure EA will provide us with glitches to laugh at in Sims 3. Smile
19-03-2008, 11:07 PM
I think that pregnancy should take longer than the 3 days in Sims2. Considering how long sims live in comparison...  it should take longer to carry a child than to get over a cold or the flu!

I also agree that sims3 should include teen or at least a 'young adult' pregnancy, but it's probably not going to happen. However, it's pretty much guaranteed that some modder somewhere will make a mod that allows it, like there is for Sims2.  I can understand why they wouldn't put it in their game - too many kids playing it would take that to mean that it's a perfectly okay thing to do - people who don't understand the difference between what's okay in real life and what's okay in a fantasy game.
19-03-2008, 11:11 PM
remember is a game for teen you can propouse that.
19-03-2008, 11:11 PM
Okay, yeah, teen pregnancy is a no-no. But what about all of us simmers that have been through teen pregnancy or the product of it. In fact, I am the product of a teen pregnancy. Some people said that adoption was a bad idea and that the teens could take care of themselves. Have you ever hear of foster homes? I was adopted as a baby and am very happy in my current situation. I am against the idea of perfect families because there is no such thing. I'm not saying that teen babies would be the most important point of a game, but it should at least be and OPTION for those of us who want the game to be a bit more like real life. Those of you who are against it, that's why I said OPTION. Anyways, sorry to sound a little harsh here. I love all the comments I got!!! It's been less than an hour! You guys rock. Keep posting and keep the ideas coming!

Wink,

writerchic
19-03-2008, 11:13 PM
I agree that pregnancy should last longer than 3 days, but sometimes I can't wait for them to have the baby & speed it up!  ;D
19-03-2008, 11:17 PM
Pregnancy should last at least 5 days, but it wouldn't matter.  I'd speed it up anyway.  As for teen pregnancy, there are hacks out there for Sims 2 and it would only be a matter of time before Sims 3 is hacked to allow it anyway.  They'd never be able to sell it with a T rating if they included it out of the box.
19-03-2008, 11:23 PM
But people would get bored waiting for the sim to have her baby.

[Image: teadybears.png]
<br />All of my artwork is made by me, PM me if you want a request.
19-03-2008, 11:27 PM
I have to disagree with you on most of these points.

Why in the seven hells would EA ( a company which sells millions of copies to teens etc) support teen pregnancy?

That would just be stupid. It's like telling preteens and teens that it's OKAY (Which It isn't, in my honest opinion). For video games, it's fine, sure... but it shouldnt be part of the base games. Just an "addon" you could say (CC).

As for longer pregnancy or C-Section. I can see how that could interest some people...but not most. And you gotta look at it from EA's point of view.

They want money.

Making the majority of people happy so they'll buy the games? Top Priority.

Which means, basically, that they will go with what most people want. End of story.

Minorities, sadly, never rule here. Sad
19-03-2008, 11:33 PM
Right, Teen pregnancy is considered a topic exclusively for "Mature" viewers/players. To keep the Teen rating and thus have the game be marketable to the maximum amount of consumers, they need to cut any content considered "Mature".

5 or even 7 days for pregnancy would be ideal as far as I'm concerned - but I think there should definately be an in-game cheat that allows you to change the base amount of time that sims are pregnant, AND that it should be modifiable by doing certain things; for instance, if a sim woman works herself too hard while pregnant, or is often sick with things like the flu, that there's a chance of an early delivery.