Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Nooo! =[ Need Serious HELP!
22-10-2008, 05:15 PM
Nooo! =[ Need Serious HELP!
I just went to go on The Sims 2 and continue with my legacy but it WON'T LOAD. I've never had a single problem with Sims 2 on this computer, and I've had it since August last year.

Basically I click on my Sims 2 icon, the box appears where it tells you all the EPs you have and what's available for download etc, and I click 'Play' as usual, and the mouse changes into the CD sign that shows it's loading as normal, but then NOTHING HAPPENS. I've tried about 7 times now, nothing. I restarted the computer too, still nothing.

What can I do?! Any suggestions? :'(

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
Quote this message in a reply
22-10-2008, 05:37 PM
Re: Nooo! =[ Need Serious HELP!
I clean the disk and it said something like 'Unable to load file or file is corrupted...'

Oh dear. I really don't want to have to re-install again... {unsure}

I checked my Sims 1 game and that loaded fine and dandy, so it's just something to do with my Sims 2.

22-10-2008, 06:12 PM
that really sucks cassie!!!

are you using the latest EP

stupid question but you never know
22-10-2008, 06:37 PM
OMG I'VE DONE SOMETHING TERRIBLE! I CRIED! :'(

I thought I'd take Sims 2 Apartment Life off in case that was the problem, and then once it was uninstalled I tried running Sims 2 again, this time on my Freetime disk. But now Belladonna Cove has gone... and that;s where my legacy lived. I forgot.

So now I've lost everything, all 8/9 generations I worked so hard on. Chrystal and Frankie from 'Your Longest Generation' thread no longer exist and neither do all their family before them. I'm upset I've given up on Sims 2 now, forget it, I'm taking it off the computer and never want to play it again as far as I'm concerned. Not until Sims 3 has come out. No way am I beginning all over again on my legacy. I loved all of the gens and it wouldn't feel the same beginning again, and I'll never reach my goal of 20 gens before Sims 3 anymore.

The only thing I was smart enough to do was save my Downloads (if you take an EP off, your downloads go with it). Kind of useless though, wasn't it?

So yeah... RIP Sims 2 and RIP my Legacy. Sad

22-10-2008, 06:45 PM
*hugs*
its ok cassie

i dont think you should take it off though

that really really sucks cassie

but what about your challenge to get all those generations Sad
22-10-2008, 06:59 PM
I was really enjoying going through all the generations but I don't want to start again. It sounds lame but I was so attached to those Sims and that legacy. I HATE my computer. Why wouldn't it load in the first place?

As for not taking Sims 2 off the computer... sorry but it's deleting as I type. Sad

22-10-2008, 11:02 PM
Sad That's horrible! I've done things similar to that where I erase large mansions that I've worked on for weeks and weeks. And me, being a perfectionist, I give up if I've lost everything. I don't try to recreated.

—Scott
22-10-2008, 11:44 PM
Well, only a 100+ more days until TS3!

Bat

I'm here to help! Send me a private message!
23-10-2008, 03:13 AM
Oh, I'm sorry Cassie! It really stinks how that tends to happen at the worst possible times. At least TS3 comes out soon.

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
23-10-2008, 11:13 PM
its not that far away

i believe only 17 weeks