Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Member of the Month
28-11-2008, 09:40 PM
Re: Member of the Month
no one said we'd send you an xbox...?

[size=5pt][center]Do you love Him, Do you love Him? Oh yes!<br />Do you love Him? Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Oh yes!<br /> God almighty. Are you anchored? Are you anchored?<br />LORD,I'm anchored, my soul's been anchored in the Lord.<br />Lord, I'm anchored. Oh yes! Lord, I love You. Oh yes!<br />Yes, I'll serve You. Oh yes! Lord, I'll praise You. Oh yes! <br />My soul's been anchored in the Lord, my Lord, in, the, lord.<br /><br />cantabile oh nine xo
Quote this message in a reply
28-11-2008, 10:09 PM
it was a simile Wink
29-11-2008, 12:43 AM
a similie is a comparison between two objects using 'like' or 'as'.

[size=5pt][center]Do you love Him, Do you love Him? Oh yes!<br />Do you love Him? Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Oh yes!<br /> God almighty. Are you anchored? Are you anchored?<br />LORD,I'm anchored, my soul's been anchored in the Lord.<br />Lord, I'm anchored. Oh yes! Lord, I love You. Oh yes!<br />Yes, I'll serve You. Oh yes! Lord, I'll praise You. Oh yes! <br />My soul's been anchored in the Lord, my Lord, in, the, lord.<br /><br />cantabile oh nine xo
29-11-2008, 04:04 PM
similes are sarcastic

they use like or as

but the point is that its sarcastic
04-12-2008, 12:25 AM
i think its a good idea

*~*PB&amp;J*~*
04-12-2008, 01:12 AM
I would love this member of the month thing, but I also agree with Bat.

Let's say if a member is never member of the month, like it is always the most popular members, then it seems like it would never be you.  Then things may start up, especially with more and more people joining.  The old members would be asking why did this brand new member end up being member of the month when they just joined and stuff.

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
01-01-2009, 10:36 PM
I say people can deal with rejection thats sounds cool Big Grin ~Jal ninja

~Jal Ninja
06-01-2009, 01:34 AM
The idea is that people get to vote.

So if someone wins, it's a majority thing.  So you can vote for OR old members.

Yeah, there is a lot of favortism I'm sure, but I'd always give at least one vote to a new member to help them feel a bit more at home here if nothing else Smile

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie
06-01-2009, 01:46 AM
I'd say picked by random.

Most people don't care about fairness and making others feel at home, it's about who they favor and stuff.

The mods just pick someone...get all the active member's names, and the first one a mod stares at is the member of the month.

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
08-01-2009, 08:35 PM
(29-11-2008 12:43 AM)Dazzling Ruby O; link Wrote:a similie is a comparison between two objects using 'like' or 'as'.

Exactly.
I find the term 'metaphor' more fitting.

[center]Maybe if I stare at you slantways it will make me giggle.[/center]