Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Genetics...
08-09-2009, 09:04 PM
Genetics...
I've been playing my legacy for a while and I noticed some odd genetics thing going on.

On the first and second generation I had 2 sims who gave to both their kids their mom's eye colour. All normal and such. No new odd colour occured. Then on the 3'rd generation, a new eye colour occured:

[Image: gen2eye1.jpg]
+ [Image: gen2eye2.jpg]
= [Image: gen3eye.jpg]

I'm guessing that this greenish-grey or whatever it is is a mix between the two? I can recall I read something about mixes, but I'm not very sure if it was an article or an idea.
None of the grandparents had it. It doesn't seem to be the perfect mix either, but a preset colour. Same goes to the hair of the Sims. I constanly get presets. Is this how the system works?
Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2009, 09:15 PM
Re: Genetics...
Yep. I get that lot. It tries to mix the colours together and you get some new colour. Pretty neat, I think. :]  Can be annoying sometimes, though.

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
08-09-2009, 09:42 PM
yea, that happens with hair too. like, my third generation daughter had blond hair with a bit of black (dad had blond hair,mom had black hair)

I LOST MY SIGNATURE! No, Really I did. Sad

[Image: 2gy7r10.jpg]

And now you've got it back, along with your Kurt Cobain avatar! ;P
09-09-2009, 12:26 AM
Yeah, same with me.  I get mixtures of the parents eyes...then sometimes, let's say both parents have brown hair...their kids would pop out blonde, because a grandparent(s) had that color.

I love it, and it makes the game seem much more realistic. Big Grin

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
09-09-2009, 01:34 AM
The game is somewhat random in the genetics as well. It often tries to mix the eye and hair colors. It'd explain all of the purple eyes that sometimes goes on.

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
09-09-2009, 04:21 AM
Yeah I love that they can get their grandparents' hair colour and whatnot. What I don't like is that sometimes the baby turns out to be exactly identical to one parent in regard to facial features (excluding hair colour, skin tone and eye colour). This annoys me.

(12-04-2010 10:57 PM)CassieeBethh Wrote:Toilet seats are just yucky. Like... it's just wrong when you think how many butts have been on it.
Joined SF March 19th 2008
10-09-2009, 02:05 AM
Well like, I don't  understand something. The parents had red hair and a dirty blondish with blue in it, and the twin girls came out with black hair and blonde hair. No one else in their family had it. It was the weirdest thing.

Carstairsrandomlegacy.wordpress.com - A Random Legacy