Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New to The Sims, basic questions
28-10-2008, 05:30 PM
New to The Sims, basic questions
Hi all, I'm just wondering about a few things.

When my Sim enters a room and his environment meter starts to go down, how do I know what is upsetting him?

Also, where is are the fireplaces located?  I'd like to install one but can't find it.

Thanks!
Quote this message in a reply
28-10-2008, 05:33 PM
Re: New to The Sims, basic questions
Its the stuff in the room;
Fix it by adding more plants, pictures, and even curtains can up the environment
And fireplaces are in Micellaneous[Sp.] under Build Mode Smile

[center][Image: signature.jpg]
<br />the legacy of me - 19/3 | facebook | twitter
28-10-2008, 05:40 PM
Awesome, thanks.  But how do I know specifically what he doesn't like?  The room is fully decorated with paintings and stuff...
28-10-2008, 05:41 PM
Each sim doesn't have a specific taste, that I know of.
Check for broken things too, and windows. Plenty of windows + plants work for me.

[center][Image: signature.jpg]
<br />the legacy of me - 19/3 | facebook | twitter
28-10-2008, 08:37 PM
Lighting, things with high environment score can bring it up. Also, high end wallpaper and flooring does it do. To bring it down it requires puddles, broken objects, dirty dishes, dirty diapers, etc. You don't really know what it is until you do trial and error.

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
29-10-2008, 03:18 AM
Hey!

Welcome to the forums!

I hope you stay around!

Anyways, onto your questions-

(28-10-2008 05:30 PM)norwood link Wrote:When my Sim enters a room and his environment meter starts to go down, how do I know what is upsetting him?
Generally, puddles, dirty dishes, diapers, or broken things cause the rating to go down. In order to make his environment meter go up, you should try placing some plants/lamps/pictures in the rooms. If I remember correctly, each item in the "Decorative" section in Buy Mode has a rating for decorative. The higher the rating, the higher is meter.

(28-10-2008 05:30 PM)norwood link Wrote:Also, where is are the fireplaces located?  I'd like to install one but can't find it.
The fireplaces are located under "Miscellaneous" in the Build Mode.

Bat

I'm here to help! Send me a private message!
30-10-2008, 06:45 PM
Wow, thanks for the help folks!  {clap}

Also...when another Sim comes over and visits they always go into my bedroom and turn on the TV as opposed to turning on the TV in the living room they walk right through to get to the bedroom!  I've got a TV and everything else like chairs and couches in the living room for guests, but they always decide to stand in my bedroom...why?  {wacko}
30-10-2008, 11:49 PM
Oh, I think it comes with Open for Business, but you can press on the doors and put 'Allow household only' and that stops them from coming in.
01-11-2008, 12:07 AM
I think the "Lock" option came with University, actually. But it coulda been Open For Business.

But yeah, if you have University or Open for Business or any EP after that, you'll be able to select "Lock" and chose who to allow into a certain room.

Example:  Lock > Allow only Family

Lock > Allow only Me

Lock > Allow Everyone

etc.

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie
01-11-2008, 06:22 PM
(30-10-2008 06:45 PM)norwood link Wrote:Wow, thanks for the help folks!  {clap}

Also...when another Sim comes over and visits they always go into my bedroom and turn on the TV as opposed to turning on the TV in the living room they walk right through to get to the bedroom!  I've got a TV and everything else like chairs and couches in the living room for guests, but they always decide to stand in my bedroom...why?  {wacko}
they do that to me to lol

welcome to the forums Smile

(01-11-2008 12:07 AM)MÅJIÇK link Wrote:I think the "Lock" option came with University, actually.

they had those college dorm room doors
and locks only work for that door i think