Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Figuring Out Which Ones
09-11-2008, 07:40 PM
Figuring Out Which Ones
Hey.  Now, I was always the one who said, "I ain't wasting my money on expansions, because it makes them whinier, and TS3 is coming out."

I was wrong...now, there is a sale on computer games at a store near me, and the expansions are on sale. 

I also want to try out movie making with TS2, since I received a copy of Pinnicle Studio 12 from my mom, and there is nothing to edit with it.  And I do kinda want more items, so here is what I am planning on getting so far:

Sims 2 Seasons--mainly for the weather and wardrobe changes...I seems fun.
Sims 2 Freetime--for the extra hobbies and stuff.
Then stuff packs:  Family fun, Celebration stuff, HM Fashion, IKEA, Kitchen and Bath.

I decided not to get university, because all it adds is college and a few new clothes, nightlife, due to vampires and pleasure (don't feel like pleasure), I may get Bon Voyage, and I won't get AL, because all they can do is live in apartments.

So do you think the two expansions I am getting plus all of those stuff packs should be enough content to make good movies, have good content, and would I practically be missing out on anything huge from the expansions I ain't getting? 

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2008, 08:34 PM
Re: Figuring Out Which Ones
get AL

it may seem like only apartments but it adds a lot of gameplay
10-11-2008, 08:31 AM
I say the same thing as brad. AL is possibly the largest EP fr the sims 2.

[center][Image: RIVERBACK.png]
[/center]
10-11-2008, 08:42 AM
the only reason why i ant getting al is because of ts3 it seems march was yesterday and tommorow will be feb!

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

10-11-2008, 09:27 AM
Most EP's I would say...are probably misleading.

When FreeTime was announced...I was like...Heh...Hobbies? Doesn't sound like much fun...but it actually is!
When AL was announced...I was like...Oh wow this just gets worse...Who even makes an EP like that? But I found it quite good.

When Uni was announced...I was like....OMG YAY! and then I found it to be boring...and trying to get through Uni took forever. It did have some nice objects though.
When Pets was announced...I was like...Partying...yet when I got it...I found it boring too...The first couple of days were fun, interacting with your dog etc...but then you come to find that dogs, cats, birds and womrats are the only types of pet you can get. Disappointing.

I was happy with NL, OFB, Seasons & BV though...Nothing misleading about them...I think. Haha.

I think you should go with Seasons & FreeTime though, they are awesome. I love the new stuff in FreeTime aswell as the perks you can get for being in the different hobbies. Go hiking, Go jogging etc... I love that & of course weather in Seasons is amazing....I love the thunderstorms...they are so loud. Haha.

Coming Soon...
10-11-2008, 09:36 AM
(10-11-2008 09:27 AM)Unbreakable link Wrote:Most EP's I would say...are probably misleading.

When FreeTime was announced...I was like...Heh...Hobbies? Doesn't sound like much fun...but it actually is!
When AL was announced...I was like...Oh wow this just gets worse...Who even makes an EP like that? But I found it quite good.

When Uni was announced...I was like....OMG YAY! and then I found it to be boring...and trying to get through Uni took forever. It did have some nice objects though.
When Pets was announced...I was like...Partying...yet when I got it...I found it boring too...The first couple of days were fun, interacting with your dog etc...but then you come to find that dogs, cats, birds and womrats are the only types of pet you can get. Disappointing.

I was happy with NL, OFB, Seasons & BV though...Nothing misleading about them...I think. Haha.

I think you should go with Seasons & FreeTime though, they are awesome. I love the new stuff in FreeTime aswell as the perks you can get for being in the different hobbies. Go hiking, Go jogging etc... I love that & of course weather in Seasons is amazing....I love the thunderstorms...they are so loud. Haha.
same exsept i would like to get al but im saving my money for ts3

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

10-11-2008, 11:29 PM
only thing i dont like about thunderstorms in the sims is that my stuff catches on fire
10-11-2008, 11:32 PM
ya, I think the expansions you are getting are great.  I'm thinking in the perspective that TS3 should be out in february so these new expansions should keep you occupied until then, you don't want to get more than you need and then get TS3 and spend more time on that game so I think what you have planned sounds good.  I definitely love seasons, it makes my sims world seem so much more real!

~ Laura ~<br /><br />[Image: buffythevampireslayer.png]
<br /><br />[red]Only a vampire can love you forever.<br /><br />[green]TS3 comes out June 2!!!&nbsp; Get Excited!!!<br /><br />[Image: 6Q1Z.gif]
<br />[Image: 6RHK.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: 04q7.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: Rx9p.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: w2pa.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: ttv4.gif]
10-11-2008, 11:42 PM
seasons is one of my favs
11-11-2008, 12:07 AM