Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Thanksgiving
27-11-2008, 06:45 AM
Thanksgiving
Like the Holloween screenies, it would be nice if EA let us see a few shots of sim families all seated at the table with a nice big fat turkey dinner. Since technically you can make turkey.

If you celebrate it, what will you be doing (and/or) if you've read this after or durin Thanksgiving, what have you done?

New 17&quot; Laptop with wireless printer/scanner combo-$1,400<br />Sims 3 Pre-order-$70<br />College Books-$500<br />Being envied by your friends while they cram for exams and you play TS3- PRICELESS!!!!<br /><br />Forget Visa, Mastercard, and American Express- it pays to Discover!!!!
Quote this message in a reply
27-11-2008, 07:04 AM
Re: Thanksgiving
Mmmm turkey!

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

27-11-2008, 04:30 PM
right now im sitting in my room starving myself for the day until the food  8)
but yea...i was thinking they would release info AND thanksgiving pics.
That'd be such a nice picture Smile

I LOST MY SIGNATURE! No, Really I did. Sad

[Image: 2gy7r10.jpg]

And now you've got it back, along with your Kurt Cobain avatar! ;P
27-11-2008, 05:33 PM
Sure, that would be nice... But then I'd like other holidays that are specific for certain countries as well. Up here we hardly know what thanksgiving is, but we do celebrate midsummer. So maybe they should focus on the more international holidays.

&quot;Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.&quot;<br /><br />-- Terry Pratchett, Jingo<br />[Image: bannerIDSFkopia-1.jpg]
<br /><br />My Deviantart page<br />
27-11-2008, 05:37 PM
there is no such thing as an international holiday
holidays are either related to a specific country or to a specific religion
and i don;t celebrate thanksgiving so i don't really care if they post a pic of a S3 version of it or not
but i would love some new info

<br />[Image: event.png]
<br />
27-11-2008, 05:49 PM
(27-11-2008 04:30 PM)YO! who ate my cheese!@ link Wrote:right now im sitting in my room starving myself for the day until the food  8)
me to lol

and new years lol
27-11-2008, 06:18 PM
(27-11-2008 05:37 PM)tv_freak link Wrote:there is no such thing as an international holiday
holidays are either related to a specific country or to a specific religion
and i don;t celebrate thanksgiving so i don't really care if they post a pic of a S3 version of it or not
but i would love some new info

I said the more international holidays. I know very well that there is no such thing as a international holiday and that's why I spoke up, because Thanksgiving is a very local holiday.

&quot;Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.&quot;<br /><br />-- Terry Pratchett, Jingo<br />[Image: bannerIDSFkopia-1.jpg]
<br /><br />My Deviantart page<br />
27-11-2008, 06:38 PM
Seeing as how EA, more so, The Sims 3 production team takes place in the US mostly, I would figure that the holidays, if any, are more US centralized.

I'm here to help! Send me a private message!
27-11-2008, 06:50 PM
i'd just rather there would be no holidays in TS3
as i've said holidays are either related to a specific country or a specific religion
and since there are sims fans all over the world haveing something like thanksgiving in the game is not something all fans can enjoy
and i just think that religions are a very bad thing (and i do mean religions not belives)

<br />[Image: event.png]
<br />
27-11-2008, 08:13 PM
I agree with Bat. The sims3 is an Americanized game. Of course it's international (in most countries) so that you can create who you want and it obviously ships with the language as well. Holiday ep's/sp's are more focused on holidays (of course) so because it's in a ep/sp you can choose if you'd like to purchase it or not.

As for Thanksgiving, I decided to post because I would like to know what my other fellow Americans are doing for the holiday. Of course everyone is free to join and I know you Brits celebrate Christmas as well as other holidays with us yanks ;D

Today, though a holiday IS thursday, and lately we have had blogs and such to look forwards to.

I have to disagree with tv_freak on the religion. I'm not religious, but I don't see anything wrong with being so as long as you are respectful of others.

Since this post wasn't intended to be religious, i'll leave it at that.

What ever holiday you celebrate, cheers to everyone! Now where did I put that wishbone? Big Grin

New 17&quot; Laptop with wireless printer/scanner combo-$1,400<br />Sims 3 Pre-order-$70<br />College Books-$500<br />Being envied by your friends while they cram for exams and you play TS3- PRICELESS!!!!<br /><br />Forget Visa, Mastercard, and American Express- it pays to Discover!!!!