Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Thanksgiving
27-11-2008, 08:17 PM
Re: Thanksgiving
I moved this to the Ideas section as I think it has become more of an Idea thread.

I have to agree on the no religion in the game part.

Perhaps have seasons (where you can notice that it is colder or hotter or leaves) to replace the holidays. I still would like to see holiday objects though.

Bat

I'm here to help! Send me a private message!
Quote this message in a reply
27-11-2008, 09:19 PM
just to wrap up the religion thing i don't realy have a problem with people beliving in what they believe in i just really hate the bible and most of the stuff related to it (if anyone want to respond to that please pm me this is not supposed to be a thread about religions)
and about holidays in TS3 i don't have a problem with holidays in the game i think we've talked about it in a previous thread but i just don't think there should be real life holidays in TS3
if holidays arre added it should be special sims holidays like new year's eve (/day), independence day maybe llama day stuff like that so fans from all over the world wouldn't feel left out

<br />[Image: event.png]
<br />
28-11-2008, 12:34 AM
(27-11-2008 06:50 PM)tv_freak link Wrote:i'd just rather there would be no holidays in TS3
as i've said holidays are either related to a specific country or a specific religion
and since there are sims fans all over the world haveing something like thanksgiving in the game is not something all fans can enjoy
and i just think that religions are a very bad thing (and i do mean religions not belives)

In a since there really doesn't have to be official holidays. They could just give all the makings for the holidays and we'll use our imaginations.  Actually that would be nice.

Never settle for less!
30-11-2008, 02:07 AM
As soon as it turns Winter, my sims Decorate their house appropriately.

Tree, stockings, etc., etc.

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie
30-11-2008, 02:30 AM
Same here Majick!

Well, at least the last time I played that happened. Haven't played in a long time!

I'm here to help! Send me a private message!
30-11-2008, 04:41 AM
Haha. I would prefer to either keep holidays outal-, or create sim hoildays instead. u don't celebrate thanksgiving, and a majority of the world doesn't either. EA got scolded for having a Chistams Pack, I believe, so I can't imagine why they would include religous holidays in the first place! (christmas is possibly the only holiday that is clebrated worldwide)

I don't know much about any holiday except christmas, easter, and my birthday, so I would prefer not to have holidays at all.

There will most likely not be a sim calendar anyway, how would they put the holidays in?

And if they did it by season, it would get way too repetitive. I really don't want o redecorate the house every 15 days! (assuming, if they add seasons at all in an ep, they go by the TS2 rules) especially if it's a large house!

I think they should just leave holidays out. besides, you could get CC that realeates to the holidays you want, or simply recolour your objects in-game, so you wont even need to download anything.

Maybe i'll have christmas, and I can recouor my house to be green, red and gold! Big Grin

[center][Image: RIVERBACK.png]
[/center]