Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Different Versions Of The Same Neighborhood
02-12-2008, 10:04 AM
Different Versions Of The Same Neighborhood
Ok. i was looking at this picture http://www.urbania-sims.com/upload/News/...ms3_02.jpg i noticed the new game icon and i was wondering.. is i possible to have different versions of the neighborhood (Sunset Vally)??

Example : if i make a Sim ( Betty) and she wants to date (Jake) and i play with them for a while. then i move on to another version of the neighborhood that doesn't have Betty or Jake in it and play with that family say the Johnson's. and nothing will happen to Betty in Jake?? kinda like (if u have the game) Sims Castaway Stories. where u have different profiles that have different saved files of the games we play...

sorry if this doesn't make sense.. kinda tired hard to explain.

[color=purple] just keep simming just keep simming just keep simming simming simming, what do u do? U SIM SIM SIM!<br />[color=red]I Need Simmers Anonymous!!!
Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2008, 01:00 PM
Re: Different Versions Of The Same Neighborhood
I think that Betty and Jake will still go on with their lives.  Because I heard somewhere that instead of new neighborhoods, they are gonna have the neighborhood (Sunset Valley) extended, and they are gonna release tools for extensions, and I guess an extension will be added with expansion packs.  So I guess if there is a Bon Voyage for TS3, our sims can drive to their destinations. 

Probably they saw that people didn't like the fact of different seperate neighborhoods, because they wanted to move a family to another neighborhood in TS2, but couldn't.

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
02-12-2008, 09:07 PM
They're like different profiles. Like, in my case, I have many people in my family who play the sims, but we don't want our families to go on for so long without us, we'll each have our own "new game" like a user account.

When you're playing one neighborhood, the other shouldn't be affected by it.

But that's just my theory. For all I know, it could mean RESTART neighborhood. As in New game.
03-12-2008, 06:37 AM
From what I have read it is the same Valley, just different slots. So you can have more than one Valley. Like I can have my own Valley and my husband can have his. That way my families don't grow up with out me and vice versa with my husband. So if you want Tom and Betty in one Valley and Ken and Barbie in another.. they will not grow when you are playing the other.
03-12-2008, 01:14 PM
That's what I was thinking as well. My sister will love it. She can play it, haha.
If I ever get off  {rolleyes}

FINALLY PRE-ORDERED COLLECTORS EDITION!

My social life will cease to exist in June.
03-12-2008, 05:28 PM
That is why I am so glad that my brother don't like The Sims, or no one in my family, except a cousin...I can play whenever I want and stop playing whenever.  I am gonna be on that game all day, all night...drinking coffee and sleeping in class.

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
03-12-2008, 05:34 PM
Big Grin Big Grin I agree with you yummy...except for the fact..I do like to watch others play and crate their owns families and homes..Its really interesting to watch..like I have a niece who's kinda new to the sims..and I like tell her what to do..lol...and she gets so angry when I do that...and then my other niece,bestfriend,and my other friend..they are all sims freaks...so I dont mind watching them play.AFTER I get a taste of the game..Im also stingy..but I wouldnt mind watching a couple of people play it...Im still tryna get my parents to play and like the game..they never got a chance to..but o well  Big Grin Big Grin

The sims...will be with me forever..for life..and for eternity....ALL MINES
04-12-2008, 12:54 AM
This game is so large in scale, that its going to be interesting when you are on part of town playing with a family, and one of the family members gets into a bit of trouble way on the other end.

The Sims 3 Is Right Around the Corner - Waiting For Our Hands to Grab It!
04-12-2008, 12:59 AM
I love watch people play.  Sorry if my answer was misleading.  I just don't like them on my computer when I want to play the game.  I want to be able to play without waiting. (lol) I am sure anyone feels that way.  My computer isn't the only one in the house, so I am fine.  I would always watch my cousin play the game, and he has the most beautiful sims.  He doesn't really make stories...he's in there for the house decoration and dressing his sims in CC.