Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Poll: How many kids will you try to have in the game?
1-5
6-10
11 and up
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Number of children
03-12-2008, 06:01 PM
Number of children
I dont know if someone had asked this question before...but on the sims 3..i know Im gone try to go for atleast 10 or more kids...on the sims 2...I've made it up to 8 kids...and next thing I noticed was that the parents were old...I tried to go for 10 or more..(without the cheat)...but since you can control how long you want a sim to be an adult...I think my goal can be a little easier....

But how many kids would u try to have or go for in the sims3?..I say 11 or more....

The sims...will be with me forever..for life..and for eternity....ALL MINES
Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2008, 07:18 PM
Re: Number of children
One of my favorite parts of TS2 was getting pregnant and having kids.  It is exciting waiting to see what the baby would look like, and see him/her change over time.  So I love having kids.  It is hard for me to have only 1-3 kids in a family.

In TS2, the most kids that I ever had was 6-7 kids.  But that was with a good looking couple, and their kids turned out beautiful and different looking every time.  I usually stop after 3 or 4 for the same reason as you:  The parents would be getting old fast, and you won't know if they would survive throughout the kid's life if the adult had them later on in the stage.

But since I am able to control how long a stage is, yes, some families will have more kids.  But then some won't, because kids do sometimes require a lot of care, and can be stressful at times...with homework...I really hope they do their HW by themselves this game.

But this aging will change how many kids I have in some families.

But there are also traits.  So some may not want as many kids, or the kids pop out plain bad and crazy.  Then, I may lessen the kids.  But more kids for good trait families--especially family-orientated sims.  I wonder how would the computer control the sims that we aren't controlling?  Does it make sims give birth to an average amount of kids, like let's say most of the time, if you aren't controlling a family, the most they will have is 2-3, unless you make the parents try for a baby again.

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
03-12-2008, 08:37 PM
Good answers. I was thinking the same things. I would say 6-10 if you start at them both being young adults or possibly just the woman (I'm sure they will let them both be fertile)

Either way I know. Ill personally use the fertility award.

New 17&quot; Laptop with wireless printer/scanner combo-$1,400<br />Sims 3 Pre-order-$70<br />College Books-$500<br />Being envied by your friends while they cram for exams and you play TS3- PRICELESS!!!!<br /><br />Forget Visa, Mastercard, and American Express- it pays to Discover!!!!
03-12-2008, 08:50 PM
Yeah.  YAs should be fertile.  Adults are now the middle age stage of life, and YA, they said their age is approx. 18-29...something like that.  So they should be fertile.  Imagine when University comes out, if it ever does.  Students can fool around too much in college, and will get pregnant...which is unforturnate, but that is different for TS3 though.

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
03-12-2008, 09:34 PM
Pregnancy && children are my absoulte favorite part of the game !!
And I adore big sim families ..
In TS2 i once had a family who had 15 children !!!
After i moved 6 or 7 of them out i ended up with about 20 grandchildren haha !! And before the rest could grow up and move out my idiot brother uninstalled my game just to piddle me off Sad and i actually cried because i felt so connected to them !! im sure you all know what i mean !! Tongue
But wow .. it was intense.. they were taking over the entire hood

So definitley 10+ kids !!!
03-12-2008, 09:35 PM
**TIP**

when one of your adult children moves out, have them take a teen sibling with them.. this leaves room in the main houshold for more babies to arrive !!
03-12-2008, 09:52 PM
I love expanding my families.  It is gonna be so much more wonderful in TS3, since you don't have to play every family for them to age accordingly.  I would love to see uncle Joe get older over time, and have cousins grow up with each other, and have families come over for events.

One thing I wonder is how far will family go?  In TS2, after cousins grew up and had babies, the children of the cousins weren't even family anymore.  I hope it goes further in TS3.  Like make it go so long that at least the player forgets that they are family--I say at least 10 generations...then who would remember who is your family in that game.

04-12-2008, 12:53 AM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2008 03:51 AM by Scene23.)
I'm going to have about 6 children myself, but I do not want to stress out my sims too much, especially if the children become a handful, you know with their unique personalities and what not.

At the same time not try to stress out the mother of the children, because since the child's personality could be altered due to the events of what the sim goes through.

The Sims 3 Is Right Around the Corner - Waiting For Our Hands to Grab It!
04-12-2008, 01:06 AM
Exactly.  The number my families will have will depend on the traits.

As I said before, let's say the mom is a total screw-up, the kid may pop out that way, and be raised that way.

It's like my mom saying...she works at a school:

"These families would have the baddest kids...and this one bad family was almost out our school (their last kid was in the 5th grade)..then the mom got pregnant, and I was like no...not again..not another one of them."

You know that feeling...

04-12-2008, 02:59 AM
the most i like to have is 3. i can't wait to see what childbirth is like.

but i'm going to make a female sim who dislikes children and never has any, since i always made my female sims have kids in the sims 2. she can just get married and live happily ever after lol