Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Have You Planned Your Sims/Gameplay/Stories Yet?
11-12-2008, 09:14 PM
Have You Planned Your Sims/Gameplay/Stories Yet?
Haven't you planned these things yet?

1.  How are you gonna play? 
2.  Are you gonna play with everyone, or are you just gonna play with a few families, or maybe one?
3.  Haven't you planned any families and planned out their traits?
4.  Do any of your families have stories?
5.  What is your game plan? 
(I was really enlightened by today's blog to write this topic, you see)

1.  I am gonna play mercifully and fairly...the traditional way.  I never liked killing anybody.  Then I plan on not using any cheats.  The only time I may use money cheats is to get their house prepped up enough, so that they can at least survive in them.
2.  I plan on checking out all the families that are pre-made.  These families seem really interesting.  I can't wait to check up on the Goths, Landgraabs, and those blog families.
3.  I have planned plenty of families and are still am planning.  When I first get the game, I am going to put some of these families in the game.  Then maybe over time, I may add a family here and a family there.  It may take generations for me to do that.
4.  I haven't really planned out stories for my families.
5.  My game plan is to first play around with the premades, then I am making a few families, and moving them in, buying their furniture and everything.  Then, I will build me a starter sim...thinking of a male, and he will live life there, make friends, do things, get married, have babies, and the legacy will go on from there, so I want to play his kids, and his grandkids, and so on.  I really want to play the generation game.

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2008, 09:42 PM
Re: Have You Planned Your Sims/Gameplay/Stories Yet?
when i got a new sims 2 ep i used to first check out on of the families that came with that ep and the new furniture and try out some of the new features using that family so i'll probebly do the same with TS3
i'll start with a pre made family, i think i'll start with that single pregnent woman that was mentioned in the blog, at least i won't start with a family that's familiar from TS1 or 2 and then i might create a family just to see how it is to start my own family and look at all the stuff in CAS
anf then i'll play the family i really wanna create it's about a rich couple and he's a politican and she'll probebly be a journalist but i might change my mind and they're really focused on their careers and don't pay that much attention to their kids (i won't create the kids they'll be born during game play) but i know i want them to have a son thet'll be a musician

<br />[Image: event.png]
<br />
11-12-2008, 10:35 PM
1. I'm going to start by getting use to the game, before creating my families and so forth. I want to get adapted the controls and play around a bit with the townsfolk and see how they interact with one another and what you can do to the other sims, based off the trait system. Its going to feel wierd when you start the game, no loading screens Smile

2. I'll try to play with everyone, but I'm going to be starting my families, two I already have planned, their traits, names and relationships with people (if the game corresponds that way). Then building up my homes from scratch and furniture and play around with the creativity of it, meshing colors together and so forth - then move my families in, and have them interact with the other townsfolk, and begin to create friendships and maybe enemies around those people.

3. Answer related in answer 2 Smile. I might add in another family, or maybe even create different families of different cultures, one asian family, another black, hispanic and so forth; so there be diversity in Sunset Valley or unless I wait for the other neighborhood that we will be able to download and make my own town that way.

4. My families will have backstories, hopefully we can create them before moving them into town, that would be cool.

5. To play, and play until I cannot play anymore Smile

The Sims 3 Is Right Around the Corner - Waiting For Our Hands to Grab It!
12-12-2008, 03:01 AM
1.  I'm probably going to play more than I did with TS2.  And a little bit better, like not using cheats like maxmotives (wont need to anymore, anyway, since there aren't as many needs.)  I'll only use money cheats.
2.  I'll only play with the families I've made.  I might look at some other families a few times... I just don't like playing with sims that I didn't make - it doesn't feel right.  =\
3.  I have been planning all my families, and I've been working on their traits lately.  It keeps the time from going so slow.  ;]
4.  Well, like Scene23 said, I wish we could create backstories for our families.  In TS2, the sims seemed to just pop out of nowhere when they were made.  Their first kiss was someone we didn't know, they didn't have parents, and so on...  I want some of my sims to move into town to already dislike someone, or be in love with someone there.  Maybe have ex's already!
5.  I know what I want to do, which is create myself and my friends and so on all set in the future (kind of a twist, since TS3 is in the past.), but I haven't decided if I want to set that up in a different NHood, or if I should just use Sunset Valley. 

I can't do the talk, like the talk on the TV. And I<br />can't do a love song, like the way it's meant to be.<br />I can't do everything, but I'd do anything for you..<br />I can't do anything except be in love with you&lt;3
12-12-2008, 07:25 AM
1. Im ganna play more offen then TS2 and ill try not to use cheats but for 1 family mainly my legace to do there house and stuff but its ganna be in the present as it is ment to be like that!
2. Ill play with some of the premade like the Crumplebottoms and Goths. But i will mostly play with mine!
3. Ive planned a few families but not traits. I am mostly planning on the Cresents (my legace). Ive also done a few houses!
4. Yes my newly famous Cresent legace!
5. Ill mostly play with my new legace i wanna see how they live with the new young adult and i dont really have much of a game plan!

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

12-12-2008, 10:04 AM
I did have a game plan when I first got wind of ts3 but I've made a few small changes to what I may or may not do.

I have a few planned out families of my own, along with single sims, couples, etc. All with traits and a story line. I think I may throw in 2 or 3 of them just so I can jump around playing my own premades. Like someone mentioned, I don't really like playing game pre mades, but like the lady in the blog mentioned, I wouldn't mind being a co worker, neighbor, or just have my own sims marry a maxis premade.

I've thought a little about the second hood we will be getting for registering our game and ill most likely jump from the two depending on what house I feel like playing at that moment. Ill probably throw in a few other one of my families or I may just use that neighborhood for stories and videos with sets all over the neighborhood. I've always like the camera/video option but never really had the graphics for it. I already have a vid planned that I want to explore.

When I first put the game in, I'm going to explore the hood, zoom in, and out etc. Most likely check out every corner and crevice lol, each side of town.
Of course ill choose a random sim off the street to play and explore their traits, have them interact with sims and the hood.

Eventually I may play a maxis made family to get used to home life and read there stories for a few until I can't take it anymore and I absolutely have to go to CAS.
There I will choose a single sim and start her off in sunset valley. Exploring CAS alone will have me spending hours deciding on anything from traits to clothes. Ill then move her into a nice simple house, spend another 2 hours in buy mode and then ill have her explore the rest of the town with me. Making friends, shopping, and applying for a job.

New 17&quot; Laptop with wireless printer/scanner combo-$1,400<br />Sims 3 Pre-order-$70<br />College Books-$500<br />Being envied by your friends while they cram for exams and you play TS3- PRICELESS!!!!<br /><br />Forget Visa, Mastercard, and American Express- it pays to Discover!!!!
12-12-2008, 06:14 PM
1.  How are you gonna play?
2.  Are you gonna play with everyone, or are you just gonna play with a few families, or maybe one?
3.  Haven't you planned any families and planned out their traits?
4.  Do any of your families have stories?
5.  What is your game plan?
(I was really enlightened by today's blog to write this topic, you see)

[1] I will probably use money cheats so I can make a really nice house and more well off family, along with regular families. I can't build a satisfying house on 20,000 simoleans, haha. Other than that I will try not to cheat. I don't think I will have to since I won't be bored out of my mind and there aren't as many needs. I will probably play more often than TS2, which means I won't sleep. Haha.
[2] Actually, I usually play the premades first. I will probably spend a long time making my first family, or perhaps couple, since I want to see pregnancy right away, so I will play the premades first to get a feel for the game and see how the traits play out before picking traits for my own sims. I like the premades, this time around they sound like they have very interesting stories too. I will probably make a couple of my friends in the game too. I tried that with TS2 and my friends that had more unique body shapes never looked right, and they just never looked quite right. And they all had similar and boring personalities. With the way we can change everything about their faces and body types and now personalities, it should actually be fun. The only thing that's going to be annoying is that we can't change height. My bf is 6'2", and I am 5'6" so he towers over me, haha.
[3] I haven't. I tried with TS2, but when I got to CAS, things just progressed on their own. I have a feeling that's how it's going to happen with TS3. After I play a bit I will have a better understanding and be able to plan out families better.
[4] See above, not really planned. I might make a family based on my own, and see how long my parents last together -_-  That was grim, I know, but it was meant to be funny, haha. I want to see my sister grow up and become a chef and have 20 kids. She would think it's funny I would make her like that :]
[5] Gameplan? Explore. Just surprise myself. Make my friends, and see how it plays out. I will make a few singles, and only play some of them. I want to see who they choose as mates and which careers they choose.

My social life will cease to exist in June.
13-12-2008, 04:05 AM
Same thing with me, in CAS, things progressed on their own, but I always turned out unhappy with my sims.  They either looked too similar, had the same personality, or whatever.  If I map them out, everything, except their looks and life, I may avoid choosing too much of the same personality, or making too many sims of the same race.  I can also avoid having too many people of the same age group, too many married people, etc. 

I wanna make different people of all races.

Then they do need to increase the $20K simeloneons that we get, because that isn't enough it is $12-$17K+ for a starter home, then furniture that we can actually benefit from is higher.  We will starve to death and eat up all our food with a cheap frig, but with an expensive one, we won't.  Same thing with a TV, sofa, and a bed. 

I agree with you, Kenya...I will cheat on that, and so may a lot of other people, but after that, no cheating.

I wish that we can change height too.  I am tired of all tall women and average-height men.  There's no shortness or anything.  Hope that that comes in an EP, if not, TS4, if one ever does come out, but I am not worried about that right now.  It will be an icy day in Hell when they let their biggest money making franchise @ EA die off.  That's like Nintendo letting Bowser kill Mario, and that's the end of that series.  (Though I would really approve of that, since Mario annoys me)  It's like if Square Enix stopped making FF games.

That's good that a lot of people like making their friends and family in TS3...I am different, which cracks me up.  (I am glad that you aren't hateful like me)  I have this attitude, "They already annoy me in real life...I don't want their annoying butts in my game."  And I don't like making myself either.  All of my characters have always been based on fictional characters that pops out of my head. 

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
13-12-2008, 05:05 AM
But Suggie think about this way, if you create your friends in the game, the ones that annoy you the most - you could put them in embarrasing sistuations that they would never put themselves in, in real-life.  {clap}

The Sims 3 Is Right Around the Corner - Waiting For Our Hands to Grab It!
13-12-2008, 01:22 PM
I am more of a fictional person.  I write stories a lot and base my characters off of them.  Since I am a storyteller and stuff, I just don't like a dose of reality (when it comes to people in it).  And it just feels funny playing the lives of real people. 

I have put family in it before...my cousin and I are the only ones in the family that cares about The Sims, so we made fun of our problem cousins.  (Most of my cousins are much older than we are, and boy, they have some issues.)  Like my aunt and her grown kids would always have some drama...but it would be their fault...Like they wouldn't be single parents if they either had a stable boyfriend, or gotten married, but no...they wanna have a baby with a man on the first or second date, or they don't take s3x seriously and go with anyone.  And they are waist deep in drama...I'm just gonna leave it alone.

But each time I did it, it was with my cousin.  He did one on his mama, in his mama's presence...She was getting mad, but wasn't doing nothing to him.  I didn't say anything or do anything, but just laugh. (We aren't mean, we are just rip on family, but we love each other)