Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
This old Dog learned a new Trick!
15-12-2008, 02:03 AM
This old Dog learned a new Trick!
So ... I had my game minumised today while saving a print-screen in paint, when a Virus pop-up ... popped-up.

So, I tested something.

I click-dragged it down off to the lowest right hand corner of my screen, where it wouldn't obscure any of my windows, then brought the game back up.

NO MORE POP-UPS!!!

So long as I don't close the pop-up ... I won't get any others ... and since I have it moved off to the side, I can't even see it!!!!!!!!!!

My Legacy Is Saved!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For now ... buahahahaha! *clears throat*

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie
Quote this message in a reply
15-12-2008, 02:21 AM
Re: This old Dog learned a new Trick!
{lol}

Congrats!!!

Butt those smart, sneaky viruses always find a way.  Watch him call up his millions of pop-up buddies and fill your entire screen with pop ups.

I had that...spyware...I had to reboot my computer.

MOF, it may not be a virus...it may be spyware.  Try spyware removal or adware.

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
15-12-2008, 02:35 AM
(15-12-2008 02:03 AM)MÅJIÇK link Wrote:So ... I had my game minumised today while saving a print-screen in paint, when a Virus pop-up ... popped-up.

So, I tested something.

I click-dragged it down off to the lowest right hand corner of my screen, where it wouldn't obscure any of my windows, then brought the game back up.

NO MORE POP-UPS!!!

So long as I don't close the pop-up ... I won't get any others ... and since I have it moved off to the side, I can't even see it!!!!!!!!!!

My Legacy Is Saved!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For now ... buahahahaha! *clears throat*
SWEET!!!!
I didn't know you could do that....
15-12-2008, 04:50 AM
"it may not be a virus...it may be spyware.  Try spyware removal or adware."

I have Ad-Ware programs, I've removed and "healed" all corrupted files and whatnot.

It's a Sinowal.Trojan ... so it's a Virus.  But my scanners aren't picking it up ... very confusing.

15-12-2008, 01:57 PM
I googled that trojan..and it's crimeware...it installs itself in a secret spot, then steals info off your computer and sends it across the internet.

Just don't put no personal info on your computer, and it uses the internet a lot, so it may take your credit card number if you order things.

http://www.google.com/search?q=Sinowal.T...=firefox-a

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
15-12-2008, 02:30 PM
Yeah, I have a program that whenever it blocks a virus it tells you about it.

Thankfully I never order anything from my computer.

And the majority of the websites I visit I remained logged into at all times, so it's not likely for it to get my passwords too easily.

I have a friend who is pretty computer savy, but she's in Malaysia visiting family until after xmas ... so I can't have her look at it until later this month, possibly next.

15-12-2008, 11:15 PM
Ok that sucks!

I would shut down the internet when you aren't using it. But that might not even do anything, i dont know
16-12-2008, 12:56 AM
That's cool how you found your way around it! But you might want to try different adware/spyware/virus software because one program can't catch everything that's out there.

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
16-12-2008, 01:00 AM
Maybe run it while the pop-ups are up?

I'm not a computer whiz so i don't know lol
17-12-2008, 08:12 AM
Earlier tonight, Acurrent Affair (News station thingo) was talking about a virus you could get from Internet Explorer, which is what my computer had! So, i've had my computer re-booted, and I saved my sims files, so lucky me! WOO! Remember kids: always back up your game regularly. Though, I still have to install Sims again (^_^Wink I'll always have my files though Smile

I constantly got pop ups about spyware, and people hacking into my system, so I know how it feels. It cost $120 to fix it.