Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Freezing when changing cities?
18-12-2008, 02:04 AM
Freezing when changing cities?
I have the Sims 1 (complete collection,) and for some reason, whenever I chose to go to a new city, the game freezes on the loading screen. The music continues to play, but it is stuck on the loading screen of the taxi.

This is on Vista, if that makes a difference.

Any suggestions?
Quote this message in a reply
18-12-2008, 02:15 AM
Re: Freezing when changing cities?
Yeah, I've heard that the original Sims hasn't been working on Vista that well, lately. The Sims 3 is coming out soon, that may be the solution.

Hope you can get this figured out. Wink

—Scott
21-12-2008, 05:53 PM
I have Windows XP and it did the SAME thing with me.

I think it started when I got Vacation, or Superstar. I just know that after I had installed those two, it did the same thing with me.

It may be that it's Vista, or it could be the game. I used to think my game was screwing up, but it always did that, never changed, so I just took it for what it was, lol

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie
22-12-2008, 05:21 AM
Mine did the same thing, but usually only to load all the new stuff of a new EP :/. I hope yours gets fixed sometime soon.

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]