• 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Member Groups and icons
21-12-2008, 05:27 AM
Re: New Member Groups and icons
Then you have to tell everyone what post number it is when you advance
Quote this message in a reply
21-12-2008, 05:31 AM
I know what it is  {blush} But I'm not gonna' tell you guys Tongue You'll find out with time. And posting a lot Wink

—Scott
21-12-2008, 11:00 AM
Some people, like me was really looking forward to getting called a platinum sim someday, not Oprah.

That's the only complaint I have about this.

And I would had kept shut about the karma logs. To tell the truth, I was like, "We really can view karma!  I must be the only person that didn't see this!"  I don't pay attention to those links below, so I thought it was something that was always there.  But even if I didn't, I wouldn't had said anything.

If your karma is disappearing for a reason, really fast, and let's say you haven't did anything wrong..no spam, no slandering, no nothing...and you want to find out who has been doing that.  No one won't tell you if you ask that can view them, for privacy reasons.  But it is your right to see who is taking your karma.

Seeing the logs can also reinforce good behavior...someone who wants karma, but does thing that are bad, but they don't mean bad, they can see why their karma is disappearing, why the person took their karma, and maybe they won't do that action again.

It is best to hide the person's name who gave and took your karma.  But if someone...you know for a fact...is taking your karma just to be mean...people has a right to know who did it.  Or they would do, what some people would do, go after the person they think it is.

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
21-12-2008, 04:40 PM
Suggie,

The moderators watch the Karma logs to make sure that no one is taking or giving karma for bogus reasons.

I hope that helps a little!

Bat

I'm here to help! Send me a private message!
21-12-2008, 05:16 PM
I was excited for getting a gold sim, but still never mind ^_^
With there being more ranks [I think? More, less?] its exciting to see which comes next and advancing to the next one.
x

[center][Image: signature.jpg]
<br />the legacy of me - 19/3 | facebook | twitter
21-12-2008, 06:07 PM
There are way more Smile

And I agree with Suggie 100%
21-12-2008, 06:15 PM
(21-12-2008 11:00 AM)SuggieGlider link Wrote:Some people, like me was really looking forward to getting called a platinum sim someday, not Oprah.

That's the only complaint I have about this.

And I would had kept shut about the karma logs. To tell the truth, I was like, "We really can view karma!  I must be the only person that didn't see this!"  I don't pay attention to those links below, so I thought it was something that was always there.  But even if I didn't, I wouldn't had said anything.

If your karma is disappearing for a reason, really fast, and let's say you haven't did anything wrong..no spam, no slandering, no nothing...and you want to find out who has been doing that.  No one won't tell you if you ask that can view them, for privacy reasons.  But it is your right to see who is taking your karma.

Seeing the logs can also reinforce good behavior...someone who wants karma, but does thing that are bad, but they don't mean bad, they can see why their karma is disappearing, why the person took their karma, and maybe they won't do that action again.

It is best to hide the person's name who gave and took your karma.  But if someone...you know for a fact...is taking your karma just to be mean...people has a right to know who did it.  Or they would do, what some people would do, go after the person they think it is.

Karma logs are being monitored by Mods, there are 4 of us, and if you think that your karma is depleting too fast for no reason, you can just contact one of us, we'll check it out, and if we see that someone is 'No Way'ing you to much, we'll do something about it Wink

—Scott
21-12-2008, 06:20 PM
I agree with Suggie on the thing about seeing the reasons for it depleting

That way we can stop whatever it is that we are doing wrong, and if someone is doing it for "QAHRA", then we can talk to a mod
21-12-2008, 06:40 PM
Brad, the reason the mods can see the karma log is so that we can see if people are adding/removing karma for reasons such as "QAHRA" or other bogus reasons.

You guys weren't able to see karma logs prior to the change in user groups. Suddenly you get the wrong permission set and you get certain permissions taken away that you never had and have problems with it? If karma is that much of a problem, it can be disabled. It isn't meant to create such a problem/uproar. It is there for fun. You have to trust the moderators that we are monitoring the karma logs and will continue to monitor the karma logs.

As for the ranks and not liking the fact that you can't get to "Platinum Sim", these ranks are much better in my opinion. The time that Matt spent on creating the logos and the time that the Team spent brainstorming the ideas is endless. We are always trying out new things and doing new things on the forums to make them better for you guys.

I'm here to help! Send me a private message!
21-12-2008, 06:54 PM
(21-12-2008 06:40 PM)Bat link Wrote:As for the ranks and not liking the fact that you can't get to "Platinum Sim", these ranks are much better in my opinion. The time that Matt spent on creating the logos and the time that the Team spent brainstorming the ideas is endless. We are always trying out new things and doing new things on the forums to make them better for you guys.

Urgh, I am so with Bat on this one. There is no difference between Platinum Sim & Oprah Simfrey...There is no difference between SimsForums Novelist and Hero Sim. They are all just ranks. It's a bit of fun.

Coming Soon...