Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Julzz Explains the sims3 Hardware Requirements are Nonsense !
22-12-2008, 01:29 AM
Re: Julzz Explains the sims3 Hardware Requirements are Nonsense !
Clock over your CPU?

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
Quote this message in a reply
22-12-2008, 01:37 AM
no overclock. you can make your cpu to 2.5Ghz or 3.0Ghz ect. but you need to buy a liquid cooler. because if you overclock with a crap Cooler your computer will get hot.

[Image: visesims+logo.jpg]
<br /><br />Smile http://www.visesims.net.tc
22-12-2008, 06:59 AM (This post was last modified: 22-12-2008 07:02 AM by Scene23.)
I agree with what Scott said at the top page. In my opinon on the subject, EA is misleading a lot of what they had been saying in interviews, especially directed towards Ben Bell, since of course he is the executive producer, the man in charge - out of his own words in 3-4 seperate interviews that they wanted players of all kind to enjoy the game, and that was their main reason as a team to make sure that the graphics aren't 2 high, and now according to what I have read in a german interview of the game, they have decided to narrow down the personality traits, so I believe now its down to 64 or 65, out of 80 I believe; and there is no telling how many more they'll take out before the game comes out - which I believe sucks; (so the traits that were taken out, I do not know, but to those who were planning like myself on what traits you want your sims to have, might as well try to find some other personalities to describe your creations)

Even though, in which I agree with a few people on this topic, about what we want, as far the seamless neighborhood and the conjuction of expansion packs that will head our way months to a year later, to add more ram to your computer (and like Suggie said, ram doesn't cost that much money to get or add it) so that way your game is working properly without any sims running or walking choppy, because every gamer inlcuding myself want to have a good time and not a good headache; but it isn't fair to most that want to play, after being lied to saying that there would a probability they would on EA's part. Cause if thats the case, and they want us to have all of this memory and crap, they need to make the sims look a lot better and much more realistic, where they are flipping their hair, or their hair is growing of that nature.

My computer did meet the first minimum requirements that I had posted on the fourm a week ago, all I have to do is add more ram because as much as I like this game, I'm not going to allow it to kill my computer {wacko} ok. Its something we all are going to have to live with, because once them people over at the offices make up their mind, thats it - but it still makes me angry  {cursing} {cursing} {boxer} {boxer}

The Sims 3 Is Right Around the Corner - Waiting For Our Hands to Grab It!
22-12-2008, 09:42 PM
Holy Cow, I hope Santa brings me a hell of a good comp! {lol}

Hehe, signatures rhymes with pignatures. x3
22-12-2008, 09:55 PM
My computer meets the requirements, but if necessary I will upgrade. I would like to buy a new computer, but having just bought a new house that may not be possible.

My last computer met the requirements for Sims 2, but it ran so slow, I bought a new one just after Sims 2 was released.
The game is the cheap part of being a sims fan. They really are doing their best. We want seamless, and it is going to cost us.

Sims is not the only game that needs high specs, the better the game the more it will take to run it.
If you remember back to the first computer games we played, they were extremely simple. I used to play Kings Quest for example. Having seen it recently on a computer, I can tell you it looked like crap. Games and computers have come a long way.

I guess I am one of those Grannies with a computer that Ben Bell was talking about, and it will run on my computer, how well is yet to be determined.
If it needs upgrading I will go out and buy the parts when I can, and install them. I am lucky I can do the job myself.

I don't think overclocking your computer is a good idea. It can cause more grief than it is worth.

For those that haven't heard of Kings Quest, it was an early 1980's game.  {lol}
22-12-2008, 11:50 PM
well im buying a computer just for the sims and my computer reaches that amount but itll be probably run out soon.... :[ thats sad because im getting the computer just for that hopfully itll last because sims isnt the only game i want

I'M DANA AND I AM THE DRUMMER.<br />I LOVE THE SIMS Big Grin<br /><br />Illegal Download?<br />Not me!&nbsp; I'm waiting for TS3!
23-12-2008, 05:41 AM
My laptop meets the requirements, but I have vista {glare}. Vista looks simply but when windows updater updates your computer sometimes it can crash your computer happened twice.
23-12-2008, 07:46 PM
i think it woullllllllld be able to "fit on your grandmothers computer" BUT with either the blue screen of death after playing it for two seconds... [like my laptop thats only a year old...] >:-(

OR

youll have the house flashing in red and black constantly and making it feel like you are having a seizure [like my desk top]  {glare}

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

so you wont be able to play it normally 

I'M DANA AND I AM THE DRUMMER.<br />I LOVE THE SIMS Big Grin<br /><br />Illegal Download?<br />Not me!&nbsp; I'm waiting for TS3!
24-12-2008, 10:43 PM
Can someone answer this if i have Geoforce 7100 will i be able to still play the game? i would think it is better than GeoForce 5200 {blink}

[Image: Mommy.jpg]
25-12-2008, 01:26 AM
(24-12-2008 10:43 PM)duвв stαtus;lαurєn link Wrote:Can someone answer this if i have Geoforce 7100 will i be able to still play the game? i would think it is better than GeoForce 5200 {blink}

Bloody Oth you will run the game very good.

but is your CPu 2.0ghz or 2.4 ghZ?

[Image: visesims+logo.jpg]
<br /><br />Smile http://www.visesims.net.tc