Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sims castaway stories problem
26-12-2008, 08:30 PM (This post was last modified: 26-12-2008 08:37 PM by shraleton.)
Sims castaway stories problem
Hey, I have the Sims Castaway Stories for PC and I've been having an issue in story mode. I was hoping someone could help.
Well, in story mode I run into a problem where the goal I had just completed still is showing up in the goal box. For instance, I completed the goal to put the gem into the tiki's eye but the game did not register my action...so now I have a disease but am not able to cure it for the next step is not showing. This is very frustrating and has occured twice now, both times I deleted my game and started over.
I have tried all the technical support links and such but since this is an in-game issue I haven't been able to find anyhting. Is this a glitch or am I missing something?
  {wacko}
Quote this message in a reply
26-12-2008, 10:51 PM
Re: Sims castaway stories problem
I was looking on GameStop and someone had the same problem and they said that it sounded like a glitch and the game needed to be started over.

But what I'd recommend is that you find a walkthrough for the game, go step by step and see how you do your game differently. Sometimes a certain order of things that get done may cause for the game to glitch.

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
27-12-2008, 01:25 AM
Thank you! Big Grin
I will definetly try those suggestions. Do you know where a good walkthrough place? I've searched but mostly just cheats came up.
27-12-2008, 01:46 AM
I'm currently searching and nothing is coming up for me either. This is really werid, even the regular Sims 2 has FAQs! If I had the game, I would make one myself. I suppose the another way is to ask your problems at an Sims Castaway Stories unless if someone else here has an answer... I really do wish I could help you more.

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
27-12-2008, 02:06 AM
Hey that's fine, no problem Phoebe!I'm trying some other methods too. It's jsut the weirdest thing. I was on Yahoo answers and someone had a similar problem. The answer was to uninstall and reinstall the game. I could always just try that too. =)
27-12-2008, 05:02 AM
yeah, you should at least try reinstalling the game. Hopefully it'll fix it ^^

28-12-2008, 05:13 AM
Hey Phoebe...are you familiar with the gameplay for Castaway? I'm currently in free play mode and making an ingame blog. Is there a way to upload it here with pictures included? It's probably something simple I'm just missing.
28-12-2008, 05:37 AM
Shraleton,

I'm not familiar with the game play, but I would bet you could upload to The Sims 2 website.

Doing the upload here would probably take more patience and you would have to manually do it.

I'm here to help! Send me a private message!
28-12-2008, 05:37 AM (This post was last modified: 28-12-2008 05:44 AM by shraleton.)
I found the correct site for sims 2 but my game's options are different so it won't let me upload to the site. Maybe if I find the specific game website.
28-12-2008, 06:32 AM
So, let me make sure I understand-

You have The Sims 2 Castaway Stories
---For what?
You made a blog in the game
You found the right website for the game
---What website?
Your game has different options
---What do you mean?

Bat

I'm here to help! Send me a private message!