Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sims castaway stories problem
28-12-2008, 05:39 PM
Re: Sims castaway stories problem
Haha sorry I should've clarified. I have Sims Castaway Stories for PC. I couldn't find an official game site so I looked on the official Sims 2 site. They gave instructions on how to upload the story to the site. First you needed to click the edit neighborhood story button on the neighborhood page. My game only has one neighborhood and no 'edit neighborhood story button'. There must be another way but I cannot find it to save my life.
Quote this message in a reply
28-12-2008, 06:05 PM
Hmm...

I'm not sure. Is there an option you have disabled? Did you try creating a different neighborhood to see if that neighborhood could upload?

Sadly, The Sims 2 website doesn't have a section for Castaway on PC.

Edit: After browsing the site some more, I found a link to this page. You can sign in using a Yahoo ID (I tried to remember mine, but it wouldn't work so I can't log in until tomorrow, lol). Then, I assume, you can browse that site to find what you are looking for.

Hope I helped! Let me know how it goes!

I'm here to help! Send me a private message!
28-12-2008, 08:00 PM
Ok I logged in with my ID and browsed but nothing was found about the Sims Castaway Stories or the Sims Stories Series. It is very odd that the SIms 2 would direct us to this site yet, nothing is there. Thanks so much for helpign out though, Bat. If we never do figure out this issue, lol I could always just make a story from the regular old Sims 2.  Smile
28-12-2008, 08:44 PM
True, lol!

That is odd that they direct to a site that has nothing on it. Just shows how screwed up EA really is.

I'll see what I can find tomorrow when I can log in.

29-12-2008, 01:51 AM
Ah, Bat beat me to answering lol.

Anyways, I don't have Castaway Stories. However, if it is like the Sims 2 picture wise, you should be able to go through your Documents folder to find the pictures from the game that you take. I'm currently making an article that includes to process for Sims 2, but since its from the same company, I'm sure it would be on the same track. But, lets see if this would work. I don't have the actual game so my instructions will be vauge but just dig through your folders if my instruction doesn't work.

Go to your My Documents/Documents (Depends if you have Vista or XP) then go to your EA folder.
In there, you should see your Castaway folder
You said it had a neighborhood, so get to the folder that includes your neighborhood.
Find Storytelling or Pictures, or something to indicate it.
Then your pictures should be there. Make sure you use the bigger picture if there are doubles of all your pictures.

But, with the sims 2, you could just directly upload it to the site but to upload these pictures, you'll need to do it manually to Photobucket or the likes and then put it on here. If you need help with that part, you can always ask me, but you need to at least get the pictures first because otherwise it'd be no use lol.

If all else fails, there's another way to take pictures, but its slower but again, it all depends if you find the pictures.

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
29-12-2008, 02:42 AM
(29-12-2008 01:51 AM)phoebe91 link Wrote:Ah, Bat beat me to answering lol.

I suppose I did. Tongue

(29-12-2008 01:51 AM)phoebe91 link Wrote:But, with the sims 2, you could just directly upload it to the site but to upload these pictures, you'll need to do it manually to Photobucket or the likes and then put it on here. If you need help with that part, you can always ask me, but you need to at least get the pictures first because otherwise it'd be no use lol.
You could easily upload to SimsFans. Just log in there with your SimsForums ID, and then you can upload them there to create the story here.

Like Phoebe said, if you can't find the pictures, it won't be as easy.

29-12-2008, 04:34 AM
Well, I've tried to locate the pictures for castawaty usnuccessfully. Under My Documents I found the Casatway link but no pictures were there. But it's ok becasue I found out how to upload from the Sims 2. I will just have to do my legacy from that lol. It's no biggie but thanks for all your help you guys. I will play it out a while, get my pictures together and then I will take you up on the offer to see what photobucket is all about.  {yes}
29-12-2008, 04:38 AM
Sorry we couldn't get exactly what you wanted, but glad you figured another way out!

31-12-2008, 06:37 AM
Aw, that stinks. But at least you can do the Sims 2 ^_^

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]