Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Need help with this error: D:\AutoRunGUI.DLL
03-01-2009, 01:26 AM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2009 04:27 AM by phoebe91.)
Re: Need help with this error: D:\AutoRunGUI.DLL
Hello,

I've been lurking on this topic, and since you haven't found any solution, I decided to search google, and I came up with nothing. so I went to EA and found this:

dateline= Wrote:Transfer errors during installation can be caused by a number of conflicts. There are a number of steps you can take to remove the source of conflict before attempting to reinstall the game:

1. Applications and processes running in the background can interfere with the installation program. Make sure you end unnecessary background processes before starting the installation process.
  2. It is suggested that you have at least 2 gigabytes of free hard disk drive space when installing a patch.
  3. Certain temporary files can conflict with game files during installation and gameplay. You can empty the temporary file folders before starting the installation program.
  4. Some disk drives can read the game disk more easily than others. If you have multiple disk drives, try installing the game from a different disk drive.
  5. If the installation continues to fail, try performing a manual installation of the game to bypass common read issues.
  6. Issues related to reading the files on a disk can often be pinpointed and resolved through disk drive troubleshooting steps.
  7. Sometimes, the conflict occurs within the installation program files. You can perform installation troubleshooting steps to pinpoint and resolve the issue.

This is the shortened version of the uber long link that wouldn't agree with the code, but that doesn't matter. Its the link to what I posted above xD

You may just want to try to do the manual installation (which you can find the steps on EA support) or you may want to check your disk. If it has a scratch on it, it will get files corrupted and then you can't install it. Even dust can do this too.

If you want to, you can also go to that page and view the troubleshooting CD tips, which also may help you.

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2009, 04:19 AM
Phoebe, you can just use this code instead-
Code:
[url=INSERT URL HERE]insert name here[/url]

Peppercliff, I don't think it is your system, I think it is the game itself. Although, it is probably to late to exchange it for another, I don't see anything else to do except for what Phoebe has suggested.

If you want to try, go ahead and download the latest drivers for your computer. Who knows if that is the problem or not. It wouldn't hurt to try.

Try what she said, and let us know!

I'm here to help! Send me a private message!
03-01-2009, 04:20 AM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2009 04:27 AM by phoebe91.)
(03-01-2009 04:19 AM)Bat link Wrote:Phoebe, you can just use this code instead-
Code:
[url=INSERT URL HERE]insert name here[/url]

Ah, I knew there was a code like that, I just didn't know what it was. Thanks though ^_^ You're like the human book of codes or something lol

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
03-01-2009, 04:25 AM
Ha, I learned that a few weeks ago or maybe a month ago (the code). {lol}

03-01-2009, 04:34 AM
I agree with Bat, try another TS2 disc.  It may be the disc instead of the system.

Usually, the discs are unaffected by anything, but rarely, they can corrupt.  Maybe it is scratched in the wrong place, or something.  Try borrowing someone else's base game or buy another TS2 disc.

Good thing is they are only $20 now.  But I would hate to have you waste that money if the disc isn't the problem, but it may be worth a try, especially if that's the problem.

I just thought of this:

D:\ means the disc drive on most computers...normal computers.  The autorun file on the disc has to be corrupted.  I should had noticed that in the first place.

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
05-01-2009, 01:17 AM
Thank you to all for your suggestions. I started to look into the suggestions about troublshooting the CD and all the steps provided by Phoebe.91  The list was daunting and a great deal of work in my opinion for something that has always been working (sorry I am the mother of 4 and this is already time consuming for me)

I tried the Sims 2 Pets CD in another pc and it came up fine ready to install. So...the CD is fine...just not on this player any more. Any ideas why? Could it just be a patch or something? I am just looking for the quickest way to get this solved. I don't understand why this CD no longer works on this pc any more. I downloaded the file with the error, where can I put it so the D drive finds it and runs the program (could that be the problem)
05-01-2009, 01:26 AM
I don't know.

Probably securom.  On my computer, my disc does not run right most times.  When I run it, it says, "Insert the original disc instead of a backup". 

It can be something related to securom.  The game probably installed some hidden files, which is preventing it from running on your computer.  Next thing you can probably do is uninstall securom or contact EA on your problem.

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
05-01-2009, 01:28 AM
Problem Fixed! Re: Need help with this error: D:\AutoRunGUI.DLL
Hello All,
Looking thru the help from EA forum, I saw that a virus scan setting could be turned on or off. I checked thru the list of applications that my virus software was blocking and the file that comes up as an error, was on the list. I gave that file access thru my virus software, loaded the CD in the drive and it works!!!

Thanks to all for your help. Phew!
05-01-2009, 01:32 AM
That's good!

Virus software can be a pain in the butt! 

05-01-2009, 02:11 AM
Glad it is fixed!