Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
help! installing the sims 2 problem!
02-01-2009, 06:50 AM
help! installing the sims 2 problem!
okay, today when i was installing the sims 2 game for my PC it was going perfectly fine until it told me to put in disc 3. it went to 59% and then it stopped and a thing came up and said that a problem has accured trying to transfer the file ... from the media. do you want to retry or cancel the installation. and i keep pushing retry but it wont do anythying, it just keeps popping up!! please help me, what do i do?? how do i get it to keep installing?? thanks so much =) oh and dotn tell me to clean the disk because its clean! and yes there is enough space for the thing to be installed. please help.
Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2009, 06:51 AM
Re: help! installing the sims 2 problem!
Could you tell us exactly what the error message was? What file was it?

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
02-01-2009, 06:53 AM
In addition to what Phoebe has asked, do you have the latest drivers? Have you restarted? Have you tried canceling and then doing it?

I'm here to help! Send me a private message!
02-01-2009, 06:54 AM
i have restarted it my computer, i have cancelled the installation literally 5 times and tried it 5 times. ok i will tell you what it exactly says in a couple of minutes cause i have to do the process again.
02-01-2009, 06:57 AM
Okay ^^ With the exact error message, hopefully something will come up in the search.

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
02-01-2009, 07:16 AM
ok this is what it says exactly:
A problem occured when trying to transfer the file 'TSData/Res/Sims3D/Sims12.package' from the media. do you want to retry to copy the file, or cancel the installation?
02-01-2009, 07:17 AM
Is this disk new or old? Has it been installed before?

Also, are your computer drivers up to date?

02-01-2009, 07:20 AM
i dont know what you mean by new or old, but this was my friends first, so yes it has been installed before, but she uninstalled it a while ago because it gave her a headache so she gave it to me. and yes everything is up to date.
02-01-2009, 07:21 AM
I googled your error message and these troubleshooting tips came up: http://forums.techguy.org/2208139-post110.html

02-01-2009, 07:46 AM
That is what I got too Phoebe!