Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how many discs is university
04-01-2009, 02:45 PM
how many discs is university
hi can anyone help me i just bought the sims2 university expansion pack,when i got it home and tried to install it it said to insert disc 2 however there was only one disc in the box.i took the game back to the shop where i bought it brand new and they said as far as they know it only has one disc they told me to try puttin disc 2 of the sims2 in instead and they changed the disc for another exact same one .i tried this and got the same thing itstill asks for disc 2.t does say disc one on the disc i have so surely there should be 2 discs not one please help as the shop refuses to give me my money back or anything because it is a pc game and they say i cud have put it on my hard drive which is ridiculous as i have only one disc . {no}
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2009, 04:33 PM
Re: how many discs is university
if it says 2 discs, then there should be 2 discs.
When I bought Nightlife, I had the same problem and when I looked better, I saw the thing on the left was an envelope that contained disc 2.

Have you checked that? Wink
04-01-2009, 04:37 PM
thanks yeah i checked that as i also found that with nightlife and presumed it would be in the manual in  a seperate envelope but no nothing ill get back in touch with the shop now and tell them i have had confirmation from a few ppl now including ea games saying there shud be 2 disks and not 1 hopefully they will now do something about it .thanks again. 8)
04-01-2009, 05:23 PM
University comes in a normal CD case, right?

Under the first disk is where the second disk should be. I think it has two disks as well.

I'm here to help! Send me a private message!
04-01-2009, 07:06 PM
I don't have Uni, but EP's that give more features should have more than one disk. I know that Season's has two and so does Bon Voyage. Yet my Nitelife didn't come with two disc's.
Is the case to your uni like a regular sized case? Such as a DVD case with only one disc? If the case is bigger than that, is should contain two or more disc's.
If the case is large and there is only one disc, buy another game, but from another store. Maybe the store you bought from had bought from an un-reliable source. Or the disc not being there was a mistake.

Just buy another (:

[center][size=8pt][[ t-tell your boyfriend<br />if he says he's got beef,<br />that I'm a vegetarian<br />&amp;&amp; I ain't f-kin' scared of him. ]]<br /><br />d u n c a n  f a m i l y ![/size]<br /> [Image: piTE.gif]
&nbsp;&nbsp; [Image: y7jV.gif]
&nbsp;&nbsp; [Image: wEwJ.gif]
&nbsp;&nbsp; [Image: z110.gif]
<br />[/center]
04-01-2009, 08:17 PM
I don't have Uni either.

But I bought Pets, Seasons, Freetime,  BV and AL and they were all 1 CD in the DVD form. Also, some friend of mine bought the base-game all 4 Cd's on a single DVD... All TS2 games I have(for PC) are in the classic DVD case.

They're maybe newer editions, so must be the case with your UNI, I dunno. Go to another store.
04-01-2009, 09:38 PM
If its in an old school type case, like its small and plastic, you have to lift the tab on the side where the name should be or something, and it'll be under it. Its not a very good description, but just keep messing with it and you should find the disk in there.

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
05-01-2009, 10:41 PM
Re: how many discs is university thanks
thanks to everyone who replied i contacted a branch of the shop i got the game from today (couldnt get in touch with my local branch) anyway they replaced it with a full 2 disk version and apparently it was a mistake by the staff who sold me the game initially. thanks anyway for all your replies.
06-01-2009, 01:25 AM
Glad you got it resolved!

Happy Simming!

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie