Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sims 2 double deluxe wont install
11-01-2009, 09:13 PM
Sims 2 double deluxe wont install
I am new to all this so I appreciate any help I can get.  I rec'd sims 2 dbl deluxe for Christmas and I insert disk, enter disk 16 code and click install.  I then get a box telling me that I need to make sure my pc has 391 MB available for data and to click OK to continue.  I click OK and it does nothing.  I have the original Sims on my pc and more than enough space available.  Is my disk bad?  HELP!!!
Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2009, 09:26 PM
Re: Sims 2 double deluxe wont install
Do you have Sims 1 or original Sims 2 installed?
If you already have the Sims 2 disc installed, you cannot install Double Deluxe. && are you sure you have enough space?
Just check and make sure again. You could have mistaken it for something else.

[center][size=8pt][[ t-tell your boyfriend<br />if he says he's got beef,<br />that I'm a vegetarian<br />&amp;&amp; I ain't f-kin' scared of him. ]]<br /><br />d u n c a n  f a m i l y ![/size]<br /> [Image: piTE.gif]
&nbsp;&nbsp; [Image: y7jV.gif]
&nbsp;&nbsp; [Image: wEwJ.gif]
&nbsp;&nbsp; [Image: z110.gif]
<br />[/center]
11-01-2009, 09:30 PM
I only have the original Sims on my pc... This is my first Sims 2 disk.  I checked and have plenty of space.  Tried again and the box just tells me to click ok or cancel. Ok nothing happens, cancel and it asks me if I'm sure I want to cancel installation.  {wacko}
11-01-2009, 09:33 PM
Try clearing out your computer of all un-needed or un-wanted programs that you already have installed.
Try installing it again and clicking OK.

[center][size=8pt][[ t-tell your boyfriend<br />if he says he's got beef,<br />that I'm a vegetarian<br />&amp;&amp; I ain't f-kin' scared of him. ]]<br /><br />d u n c a n  f a m i l y ![/size]<br /> [Image: piTE.gif]
<br />[/center]
11-01-2009, 09:50 PM
Ok i tried that and still nothing.  I am trying to reload now and after I enter the code on the booklet.... it goes to the what type of user are you and I leave the one they have chosen and at the bottom it says Install size 4435.36 MB... that seems like alot.  I have all the original sims on my pc and it only uses 60 mb.  I click ok and the box says this....

The Sims 2 dbl delux will install an add't 391 MB of data on Drive C, please ensure there is enough free space, then click ok to proceed.  OK gets me no where still.
11-01-2009, 09:59 PM
What do you mean by 'what kind of user'?
&& I'm not sure of the size it should be, but that does seem like a lot.
Try here, and run a test for 'The Sims 2 Double Deluxe - PC'. What does it tell you?

<br />[/center]
11-01-2009, 10:20 PM
{yes} Smile Big Grin 8) {clap} {clap} {lol} {woot} {blush}

Your a genius.... apparently my computer was not being honest with me and I was just a tiny tiny bit shy of enough space, like .025.  I am now loading away and hope to be playing soon.

I dunno what the Karma means... but if its good then
Karma to you Wink
11-01-2009, 10:46 PM
aha.
Just trying to help.

&& Hooray means the user was helpful/good and No Way means the user was extremely rude/out of line :D It's self explanitory.
Just click on the one you'd like to give to the user, and insert a reason.

<br />[/center]