Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sime 2 Double Delux
17-01-2009, 03:24 PM
Sime 2 Double Delux
I bought thru Amazon Sims 2 double delux. It arrived yesterday and I cannot install the game. My step daughters PC exceeds the system requirements to play. After I install the game it had me install the store. When I try to run the game a DOS box pops for s second and then nothing. I updated all of my drivers, direct x and went into the task manager to shut down all unneeded back ground apps and still the same result.

Help!
Quote this message in a reply
17-01-2009, 07:07 PM
Re: Sime 2 Double Delux
Do you already have The Sims 2 on that computer? And have you tried not to install the store?

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
17-01-2009, 07:09 PM
It was a first time clean install.

I tried to lode the game but it made it to the splash screen and then said I needed to load the store to go on.
17-01-2009, 07:28 PM
That is just really weird. I just looked on google and I couldn't find anything either. Have you tried to reinstall the store?

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
17-01-2009, 11:04 PM
yup...another odd thing..i can make it to the play screen in compatabality mode for win 95.
18-01-2009, 01:54 AM
wow o_o Well, I've never heard it being required to have the store installed just to play... Maybe someone else will be able to offer suggestions. Have you tried to reinstall it?

18-01-2009, 04:10 AM
yup  few times now
18-01-2009, 04:27 AM
Latest patch for the game?

I'm here to help! Send me a private message!
18-01-2009, 02:22 PM
far as I ca ntell there isnt a patch for double delux. There is one for just delux but when I ran it it said I was up to date.
18-01-2009, 09:30 PM
Did you disable your anti-virus software?