Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Apartment Life: How do you . . ?
18-01-2009, 05:35 AM
Apartment Life: How do you . . ?
So, I -JUST- got done making my lot.

It's four individual homes (I made sure to use the door that came with AL).  Each home has 3 bedrooms and 1.5 bathrooms.  But, it only comes up as a normal residential lot, not a rental lot when I go back into neighborhood view.

When I went to build the home it still only had the option for Residential and Commercial, was I supposed to use Commercial or was I correct using Residential? I'm sure this problem has occured before, and I can't even imagine where to begin to fix this problem.

So, how do you make the lot show up as Rental and not a regular Residential lot?

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie
Quote this message in a reply
18-01-2009, 06:07 AM
Re: Apartment Life: How do you . . ?
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title..._Apartment

This seems to be a very helpful section.
But I think your only problem would be changing the lot zoning.

'Changing to Apartment
When you have finished building your apartment, save and exit to the neighborhood. Package your lot to a file so you have a backup just in case there are any issues, or if you want to change things later.

Then, re-enter the lot and enter the following cheat:

changeLotZoning apartmentbase
If all goes well, you should get no errors. Save and exit to the neighborhood and you should see that your lot now shows up as apartments, and shows the right number of units... If you get an error or you have the wrong number of units... '

Just a little section from the link I gave you. That seems to be your problem. Just enter it into the little . . . box thingie. ctrl + shift + c.
Although I'm not really sure if you have to change the lot zoning back once you exit out of the build mode for the apartments. I don't think it says to anywhere in there, but you should read through it just incase (: Though you should read through it anyway, because there are a few things here and there that can cause it to not work properly, such as fenced in back yards with a gate leading out. It's always good to double-check and make sure it's correct.

[center][size=8pt][[ t-tell your boyfriend<br />if he says he's got beef,<br />that I'm a vegetarian<br />&amp;&amp; I ain't f-kin' scared of him. ]]<br /><br />d u n c a n  f a m i l y ![/size]<br /> [Image: piTE.gif]
&nbsp;&nbsp; [Image: y7jV.gif]
&nbsp;&nbsp; [Image: wEwJ.gif]
&nbsp;&nbsp; [Image: z110.gif]
<br />[/center]
18-01-2009, 06:16 PM
I'll definately give this a try.

I figured it might be something as simple as changing the lot zoning, will it also change the single mailbox to the apartment type mailbox?

Bah, I'll go see for myself! lol

Thanks so much for that, you get a Karma!

18-01-2009, 06:34 PM
It worked!!!

{clap} {clap} {clap}

Thank you SO much!!!

19-01-2009, 02:48 AM
Glad to hear it worked.
&& your welcome (:

[center][size=8pt][[ t-tell your boyfriend<br />if he says he's got beef,<br />that I'm a vegetarian<br />&amp;&amp; I ain't f-kin' scared of him. ]]<br /><br />d u n c a n  f a m i l y ![/size]<br /> [Image: piTE.gif]
&nbsp;&nbsp; [Image: y7jV.gif]
&nbsp;&nbsp; [Image: wEwJ.gif]
&nbsp;&nbsp; [Image: z110.gif]
<br />[/center]