Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
»»¦ Ðear Ĵournal: The life of a Spare ¦««
20-01-2009, 03:23 AM
»»¦ Ðear Ĵournal: The life of a Spare ¦««
Dear Journal,

That day was an exciting day. That day, I moved out of my Brother's house!  We had moved out of our parents' house a couple of years ago, and lived together in a simple two bedroom ranch home. But, it was time for us to move on.  He seemed sad to see me go, but I told him it would be okay.

My name is Gabrielle Summerstone, the middle child of three, although I'm a Twin, too. Gavin, my brother, was first born, then came me.  A few years later was my sister, Gypsy, the baby.  I guess some history is in order.  Or, at least, I'd like to share my life here. First and foremost, I'm a Legacy Sim; you probably won't know what that is, but that's okay. I can forgive you this time!

Gypsy was chosen to carry on the family name and fortune, Gavin and I moved out shortly after the announcement, and set for to create our own fortune, and names for ourselves. A lot of things have happened in this last year, and that's where we're going to begin!  I hope you'll listen, and enjoy the stories of my life, as events unfold and experiences are gained.First, I'm a 22 year old Sim. My favorite past time is Tinkering; but my dream is to become a World Famous Ballet Dancer.

[Image: 001.jpg]

After leaving my brother's house, I decided to rent an apartment. I moved away from my family, figureing it'd be the best thing I could do to make a name for myself; go somewhere no one has heard of us!After a lot of looking, I found this wonderful 4 home rental lot. Derek Simpson is the landlord, and he's such a sweet guy! He comes by everyday and does the gardening and makes sure everything is in working order.

[Image: 002.jpg]

I decided to change my hair, so I grew it out some, and started pulling it back in a pony tail.

[Image: 003.jpg]

Oh! I have a really nice picture of the place I'm living, too.  I'll keep it here for safe keeping.  You can't really see my house, it's the front left lot, the sort of blue-green corner you see in the bottom left. Ah well!

[Image: 004.jpg]

I've had a chance to meet some of my neighbors, Talin and La Shawn, although La Shawn didn't stay very long. Turns out, she was dating Mr. Simpson, and caugh him cheating! Scandalous.

[Image: 005.jpg]

After she moved out, another family moved in, Mary, Nathan and their son Isaiah; he's such a cutey.  I like kids, but I am sooo not ready for any myself.

[Image: 006.jpg]

Here's a picture of Isaiah playing on the park equipment.

[Image: 007.jpg]

Mary and Nathan are so romantic ... I wonder if I'll ever find love like theirs.They're always kissing, and hugging.  He's even brought her home flowers and candy!

[Image: 008.jpg]

Well, one night I decided I was going to go out and shake my money maker!  It was so much fun!  I haven't had this much fun in years.  I am a very career driven Sim, but oh man, it was so much fun to cut loose and just dance for the fun of dancing.

[Image: 009.jpg]

While I was out that night, dancing to my own beat, this guy (what a HOTTIE!) came over and started dancing with me.  His name is Chris, and he is such a good dancer.  And kisser, too.

[Image: 010.jpg]

I decided to show off my artistic and musical talents, and talked the DJ into letting me play some jams for a bit.  The whole club loved it, and everyone danced until the club closed.

[Image: 011.jpg]

By this point, I'd lived in the apartments for almost 6 months.  One day, Mary came up to me with a concerned look on her face.  I love Mary, she and Nathan have become two of my best friends.  But, she seemed really upset about something, and pulled me aside.

"Hey ... Gabby.  Could I ... uhm, ask you a favor?"  "Sure, Mary. What's wrong?"  "Well, Nathan has been ... acting kind of distant lately.  I was wondering, if maybe you'd talk to him for me.  I've tried, but he just tells me it's nothing, smiles awkwardly, then leaves the room. I think ... he may be ..."  "Oh, no. Mary.  I'm sure he's not. Let me go talk to him. Here, go pick up some take out, and we'll have dinner tonight, just us girls!"  "Thanks, Gabby!"
[Image: 012.jpg]

As I said I would, I did.  I approached Nathan after he and Jill had finished a round of football tossing."Nathan! Hey, got a moment?"  "Sure thing Gabber.  What's up?"  "Well, I was just curious.  See, I've noticed ... something isn't right.  You've stopped bringing flowers to Mary, and you seem ... distracted these days.  Is everything okay?"  "Yeah ... they're ... okay, I guess."He seemed really nervous. "Nathan ... what's going on?"  "Mary ... want's to have another baby."  "That's wonderful!"  "No, not really.  I mean, I love Isaiah, but ... He wasn't planned.  I don't really want to have another kid.  I love Mary and I adore Isaiah, but ... I really just want to focus on my career and our finances."

I smiled weakly, I knew where he was coming from.  "So, have you told her this?"  "No, I don't have the heart to.  So, I've just kinda been  ... distant."  "Please talk to her, Nathan. Even if you have to make something up, she thinks you're cheating on her."  "What?! I'd ... I'd never! Oh man, I messed up."  "It's okay. It's not too late to fix it."  "Yeah, I guess not."

[Image: 013.jpg]

I always thought Santa was a legend, something parents made up ... A family member dressed in a costume ... but I came down stairs one night ... and saw this.  I don't know how I managed it, but I snapped a picture!

[Image: 014.jpg]

I was nearing the top.  Drawing ever closer to being a World Class Ballet Dancer.  And, it was winter now.  Jeeze it gets cold here!  Time to break out the sweaters.  I bought this really adorable purple one.

[Image: 015.jpg]

I had Talin snap a picture of me as I was heading off to work one day.  My big promotion was coming up!  I had been dedicating so much time to my art, that I haven't talked to anyone in months, except for Nathan and Mary, and Talin and our other neighbor, Jill. Who, by the way is now dating the Landlord, Mr. Simpson!

[Image: 016.jpg]

And here I am at the top of my game!  I am so proud, Everything I've worked for has finally come to a head.

[Image: 017.jpg]

I decided it was time to call home.  I tried Gavin first, but no answer.  I guess his job required late hours.

[Image: 018.jpg]

Next was my parents and sister.  They were so thrilled to hear from me, but, not quite for the reason I thought.  After spilling out my amazing triumph, I was brought back down with the weight of reality.

"Oh, Gabrielle! You're okay, where have you been? Is Gavin with you?"  "What? Mom, I left Gavin's months ago.  I mailed my new address and phone number to everyone."  "We haven't gotten anything, sweety.  And no one has heard anything from Gavin in months.  I figured you guys were busy, but a call once in a while wouldn't hurt!"  "I'm sorry, mom."

[Image: 019.jpg]

Wow, she sounded maaad. No one had heard from Gavin? That was odd. "I just tried calling over there, but there was no answer. Maybe he's just been working really hard too, you know he had a pretty heavy goal in life himself."  "Maybe, but ... if you do get in touch with him please tell him to call us, we're worried sick."  "Yes, mom.  I'll be sure to do that."Where ... could he be?

[Image: 020.jpg]

That night, I was woken by the sound of the alarm on the front door. There was a shuffling sound and something crahsed. I ran down the stairs, to find a cop and a burglar duking it out in my dining room!  Thankfully, the jerk didn't get away with anything, and I was rewarded 500 simoleans!  Talk about awesome.

[Image: 021.jpg]

A week passed, and the phone rang.

"Hello?"  "Ga ... Gabrielle ..."  It was my sister, Gypsy. But, something was wrong.  I could hear someone in the background crying, it sounded like mom.  "What's up, Gypsy?  What's going on, I can hardly hear you."  "Gabby ... sit down, please."  I didn't, but I wish I had. 

"Okay. What?"  "Gabby ... Gavin was found."  "Really? Where was he?"  "He ... was in his car, in a ditch off the side of the road." My ... heart sank.  I knew what the next thing would be out of her mouth. "Gabby."  "No ..."  "You were right, he was working the late shifts, he worked a double that night, and fell asleep at the wheel."  "No ..."  "Gabby ..." my sister broke off into sobs, and I collapsed.

[Image: 022.jpg]

I ... was so numb.  I didn't know what to do.  I hung up the phone, and went outside.  The only thing that pulled me from my daze, was Jill and Mr. Simpson arguing.  Apparently, he'd cheated on her, too.  Mary saw me, and came over to fill me in.  But ... I wasn't listening.  At least Jill had someone.  And so did Mary.  If something horrible happened to them, they had someone there for them.  I was alone.

[Image: 023.jpg]

The next day, I did something I don't think I'll ever forgive myself for.  I invited Nathan over, I just needed to talk to someone.  But, something more than talking happened.  At first, I thought it would be okay, I myself didn't consider Kissing cheating.  But, I knew better of Mary and what she thought.  And ... I hurt.  I was angry at Mary, for no reason!

[Image: 024.jpg]

The next thing I knew, we were upstairs in my bed.  Mary was right outside with Isaiah ... and apparently they could see right inside my bedroom window.  Next thing I knew, Mary was in my bedroom, screaming and crying.  Nathan tried to explain ... but there was nothing he could say.  And part of me ... felt good.  It felt relieved.  Someone else was hurting.  Someone else ... had nobody.
[Image: 025.jpg]

[Image: 026.jpg]

That night, I called over Chris. I had had my fill of hurt and pain.  I was ready to just feel good.  And he did that.  Many times that night.

[Image: 027.jpg]

I began to feel ill anytime I saw Nathan and Mary. They were attending Couple Theropy, and Mary had decided they would not be having any more kids; she had surgery to ensure that.  They were both so angry at me, even though

Nathan had no right, he could have stopped me at any time, and didn't.  I went to the Doctor's to have my yearly physical and bloodwork drawn, ugh I hate needles!  But, I was having serious back problems and my ankles were swelling for no reason.  And I was gaining some serious weight.I had also had some serious complications withmy last two monthly cycles.  Too heavy, and so painful I thought I was dying and missed a lot of work; I ended up being demoted.  But, I'm on my way back to the top again!  The week following my exam, the Doctor called me with my results.  The back aches were from a strained muscle, which I had suspected, and the ankle swelling was from a salt defficiancy in my diet.  The weight and reason for the rough cycles, was a shock.

I was pregnant! Me ... Gabrielle, little nobody, Summerstone ... was going to have a baby! ... but ... who's?  I went out and bought something that I could grow into, because grow I would.  After changing, I looked at myself in the mirror ... "Who are you? And what have you done to Gabrielle?"  I asked the mirror.  But it just mimicked me; and did not reply.  I cried, and cried.

[Image: 028.jpg]

I began to accept what was happening to me, and took out some parenting books; the things my body was going to go through shocked me.  The pictures in the book grossed me out, and my morning sickness kicked in finally.  I was throwing up two to three times a day! I couldn't go out, and I was placed on Maternity Leave from my work; since no one wants to see a pregnant Ballet dancer ...

[Image: 029.jpg]

One day, when I was out paying the rent, I bumped into Nathan ... who looked less than thrilled when he saw me."Who ... who's is it?"  "I don't know."  "It's mine, isn't it?"  "I don't know, Nathan.  I've slept with you and one other in a span of a week, it could very well be yours ... but I don't know right now."  "Mary and I are ... we've worked things out.  We're going to be okay."  "Oh, I'm glad."

[Image: 030.jpg]

And I was. It wasn't long before they were both talking to me again, Mary forgave me.  During their counceling, Nathan told the psych and Mary what had happened and why I had brought him over.  Mary was hurt, and so was Nathan. But it was my fault.

One night, she called me, she just wasn't ready to see me face to face, and I understood.  We talked for four hours, I told her the story about Gavin's death ... and how I just felt so lonely.  She couldn't understand one hundred percent, she admitted, but that she could understand how I restored back to my instinct to hurt.  It would take a while ... but Mary said we were on the path to being best friends again.

I'm happy now.  The baby is due any day.  Chris knows I'm pregnant, and he knows it's possible he's the father.  Mary says if it's Nathan's we'll find a way to make things work.  I've already stated firmly that Nathan is not to leave her and Isaiah; as long as they remain in the child's life that's all I need.  Friends and family, right now, are the most important things I could surround myself with.  And of course ... once the baby is old enough, my career will need some serious attention again, too.

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie
Quote this message in a reply
20-01-2009, 03:35 AM
Re: »»¦ Ðear Ĵournal: The life of a Spare ¦««
Great start, so far! It's nice to see something a little different from you. Very good writing {yes}

[center]<br />CHICKEN NUGGETS.<br />i'm eating some right now. no, you can't have any, you imbecile!
20-01-2009, 03:41 AM
Wow!  You write really good stories!

I was interested the whole time, and I loved the fact that you took a non-heir from your legacy to do it.

Gabby has quite the life!  Very interesting!  It's sad that Gavin died, and the marriage problems and stuff...they were really realistic!  And I loved the looks of your apartments.  I want AL, but won't never get it, since I probably won't be playing TS2 a month from now.

You put a lot of effort in your interior and exterior decorating. 

I really can't wait till the next update, and I'm dead serious, I love this!

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
20-01-2009, 03:42 AM
What an awesome story! You have such a talent! I really wonder who's baby it is though. But it seriously drew me in! ^_^

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
20-01-2009, 04:23 AM
Thanks guys!

I figured for the Premier Entry it needed to be somewhat lengthy, future updates won't be quite so lengthy, but I'm really glad you all seem to like it so far!

I'm having a blast playing this story. And I have some ideas for future updates, we'll just have to see how it all plays out, though!

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie
20-01-2009, 04:43 AM
great! I love the great twist About who's the baby is!

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

20-01-2009, 05:13 PM
I like this Big Grin
Verrrrry interesting
-Is intregued Big Grin

[center][Image: signature.jpg]
<br />the legacy of me - 19/3 | facebook | twitter
20-01-2009, 06:52 PM
WOW.
once again, wow-ed by Majick and her creativity skills.
can't wait for the next update! kept my attention the whole time.
21-01-2009, 12:02 AM
This is really good. I'm interested in seeing what happens next. Smile

Wouldn't you rather be strange and have a very exciting life then be completely normal and have an average life?
21-01-2009, 04:16 AM
OMG Jen!  You are amazing!
You are so awesome at this stuff!