27-01-2009, 09:08 AM
Re: Sims3 Will WORK FAST ON DUAL CORE CPUS
Yeah that will do

[Image: visesims+logo.jpg]
<br /><br />Smile http://www.visesims.net.tc
Quote this message in a reply
27-01-2009, 11:24 AM
It will do? So it wont run amazingly fast?

[center][Image: RIVERBACK.png]
[/center]
27-01-2009, 04:58 PM
No...it will NOT do, it's a single-core CPU, (Thank god you don't have Pentium D! They're as hot as fires) So, it will lag (depending on VGA card, as most games are now solely dependent on the VGA card instead of the CPU. I'm hopping that a CPU will not affect performance, but that the VGA will. But since they have released the system requirments...it's obvious that the CPU WILL make a difference. I'd upgrade to a Celeron 2.

Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger that we CAN imagine.<br />
(08-02-2009 04:43 PM)[amber + gage] pid=' Wrote:<br />oh i thought it had something to do with the end of the world and clocks saying xx:xx <br />Big GrinD<br />
27-01-2009, 06:10 PM
If I were you (and I was last year before my laptop died a painful death) I would run far far away from Celeron and look for a Centrino duel core instead if your going to take the time and effort to upgrade.  Wink

Celerons run down faster, and Centrinos work best with laptops because they can gear up and gear down to save your battery life and lower the heat output. In other words, the processor isn't top geared cranking at its maximum output all the time. If you're just playing an MP3, it's geared way down. But if you're burning a CD, surfing the Internet, and playing DOOM3, the Centrino gears up and starts running full speed.

It will in the end save you money for lasting longer and being better for your computer.  {yes}

now i can worry about more important things...like Ninjas.
27-01-2009, 06:40 PM
I doubt his laptop will let him change his processor, and even if he could, it's TOO messy. So...DON'T game with a laptop! Simple as that! (Unless u get the new Asus W90, it packs a WHOPPING ATi Radeon HD Mobility 4870X2! (GDDR5!)) http://www.asus.com/news_show.aspx?id=13996)

But Quad-Core>Dual-Core...hopefully Sims 3 is quad-core optimized!

Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger that we CAN imagine.<br />
(08-02-2009 04:43 PM)[amber + gage] pid=' Wrote:<br />oh i thought it had something to do with the end of the world and clocks saying xx:xx <br />Big GrinD<br />
28-01-2009, 12:17 AM
Ok, the thing si, I'ts not a laptop, it's a desktop.

And thanks for all this, but that sounds really expensive. Is it? Cause I definitely will upgrade, if it wont run well. It's just i'm a nit strapped for cash now. (like everyone Tongue)

[center][Image: RIVERBACK.png]
[/center]
28-01-2009, 01:43 PM
That's why, money wise AMD>Intel.
AMD provides better performance:price ratio.