Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Stuck in the shower
26-01-2009, 11:26 PM
Stuck in the shower
My character is stuck in the shower.  The plumb bob is over his head.  {cursing}I've tried the shift/click option but that doesn't work.  I've tried moveobjects on, F2 and deleted the shower but that also deleted my Sim (I didn't save so I got him back).  I tried to sell the shower, same thing.  Now what can I try? 
Quote this message in a reply
26-01-2009, 11:37 PM
Re: Stuck in the shower
Is he just still taking a shower, or is he stomping his feet with a little mood bubble saying that he can't move to where he needs to go?

[center][size=8pt][[ t-tell your boyfriend<br />if he says he's got beef,<br />that I'm a vegetarian<br />&amp;&amp; I ain't f-kin' scared of him. ]]<br /><br />d u n c a n  f a m i l y ![/size]<br /> [Image: piTE.gif]
&nbsp;&nbsp; [Image: y7jV.gif]
&nbsp;&nbsp; [Image: wEwJ.gif]
&nbsp;&nbsp; [Image: z110.gif]
<br />[/center]
26-01-2009, 11:55 PM
There's no mood bubble that I can actually see.  I can't see him but I can sort of see movement behind the shower curtain.  I can select my character and will have options appear but he doesn't actually perform the activity.  If I select an activity, the little square pops up but disappears instantly.  Time is moving, everything else is working.  He's just stuck.  I think he's in there staring at walls or something. 
26-01-2009, 11:58 PM
So he's just standing still?
Is he still moving his arms to wash his body/hair?

You might need to move the shower, incase anything's blocking his exit path. && move it anyway to be sure.

[center][size=8pt][[ t-tell your boyfriend<br />if he says he's got beef,<br />that I'm a vegetarian<br />&amp;&amp; I ain't f-kin' scared of him. ]]<br /><br />d u n c a n  f a m i l y ![/size]<br /> [Image: piTE.gif]
<br />[/center]
27-01-2009, 12:00 AM
Yep, he seems to be standing still in there.  I tried moving the shower to another place and removing everything around it in case the exit was blocked but that didn't work either. 
27-01-2009, 12:01 AM
Sorry, but I'm about clueless on that one.

<br />[/center]
27-01-2009, 12:04 AM
He seems to be thinking about the candle somewhere in the house.  The little square (a technical term) appears rather briefly but many times in a row. Darn it, I don't want to lose this guy!  It's Don Lothario from the base game.  He's got 5 loves, his career is going well, and his skills are almost all maxed out.
27-01-2009, 12:07 AM
Have you tried exing the shower action out of his que?
Try giving him another action on something else. Also try to click on the shower and make him take another shower to see if he takes the shower and gets out.

<br />[/center]
27-01-2009, 12:45 AM
Nothing shows up in his queue but I did try having him shower again.  It won't even do that.
27-01-2009, 12:49 AM
Have you tried the moveobjects cheat yet? Try that and try clicking on him and moving him out of the shower.
I had to delete a chair that a sim had jumped out of after he couldn't get out, so it's like he was still there but you couldn't see him. You couldn't sit in the chair or sell it.

Just move him out of the shower. Or try.

<br />[/center]