Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bad News: Sims3 will come with Install Limits
28-01-2009, 11:40 AM
Bad News: Sims3 will come with Install Limits
Well Ea Are thinking about if the Sims3 will come with Install Limits ( Whitch Means you have to activate it a number of times on each computer)

More the Full Story and what is will do ect please visit http://visesims.tk/2009/01/sims3-install...t-all.html

This Artical is Talking about What it is, Yes/No Questions Faq ect.

Please click on the link to know more about them.

Cheers

- Julzz

[Image: visesims+logo.jpg]
<br /><br />Smile http://www.visesims.net.tc
Quote this message in a reply
28-01-2009, 12:11 PM
Re: Bad News: Sims3 will come with Install Limits
I was just reading that on Parsimonious.

Heres the link: http://www.parsimonious.org/rev/index.shtml
28-01-2009, 12:13 PM
Thanks,

[Image: visesims+logo.jpg]
<br /><br />Smile http://www.visesims.net.tc
28-01-2009, 01:34 PM
That sucks, but oh well.  I will only install it on one computer, maybe two if I get a laptop.  I usually don't uninstall stuff on my computer, unless I really get tired of it (which I won't), like I did Spore, or if I had to reboot my computer when I got a virus, which I won't, because it will be on my new computer, not my old "take a risk" computer. But I should be cool.

But that freaking sucks, I mean, you pay fifty or so bucks for a game, and have to call them to reinstall it when you reach your limits.  That's like raising your hand to ask a teacher to go to the bathroom, after using your 3 free passes.  I guess they don't want people or families sharing the game, to make more money, which is what I'm getting.  I wonder if the extra activations are free. 

EDIT:  Wait!  Where did Kate get this from?  The install limits?  I mean she first spread that release date rumor, now this?  WTH!  I'm Googleing this.

EDIT 2:  I did, and there's no other results that officially says TS3 has that kind of DRM.  Is this another BS claim from her or what?  How could they just tell her?

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
28-01-2009, 03:41 PM
This is awful. Install limitations turned Spore into a god-awful game, made it get terrible reviews, ONLY because of the stupid limitations.
This may be very well the biggest problem of EA.

Hey guys, The Sims is already the #1 best-selling game of all time. Puh-lease. You have got TONS of costumers already, do you really need to do this? It will be hacked, and downloaded, and spread all over the internet anyway, so why so strict?
28-01-2009, 03:43 PM
(28-01-2009 01:34 PM)SuggieGlider link Wrote:That sucks, but oh well.  I will only install it on one computer, maybe two if I get a laptop.  I usually don't uninstall stuff on my computer, unless I really get tired of it (which I won't), like I did Spore, or if I had to reboot my computer when I got a virus, which I won't, because it will be on my new computer, not my old "take a risk" computer. But I should be cool.

But that freaking sucks, I mean, you pay fifty or so bucks for a game, and have to call them to reinstall it when you reach your limits.  That's like raising your hand to ask a teacher to go to the bathroom, after using your 3 free passes.  I guess they don't want people or families sharing the game, to make more money, which is what I'm getting.  I wonder if the extra activations are free. 

EDIT:  Wait!  Where did Kate get this from?  The install limits?  I mean she first spread that release date rumor, now this?  WTH!  I'm Googleing this.

EDIT 2:  I did, and there's no other results that officially says TS3 has that kind of DRM.  Is this another BS claim from her or what?  How could they just tell her?

Kate is really beginning to bug me...she just has to spread pessimism, I will wait and get my game to find out the truth in this claim.

~ Laura ~<br /><br />[Image: buffythevampireslayer.png]
<br /><br />[red]Only a vampire can love you forever.<br /><br />[green]TS3 comes out June 2!!!&nbsp; Get Excited!!!<br /><br />[Image: 6Q1Z.gif]
<br />[Image: 6RHK.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: 04q7.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: Rx9p.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: w2pa.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: ttv4.gif]
28-01-2009, 04:29 PM
I have to agree, Kate's not the most reliable person these days. I didn't care much for her review, considering it was pretty one-sided and gloomy, and the fact that she's caused so much fuss over an alleged delay doesn't help her case. So I'm taking everything she says with a grain of salt for a while.

[center][Image: icon110.png]
[Image: 7.png]
[Image: 8.png]
<br />[Image: donutmanatee2.gif]
<br />It's...the doughnut manatee. XD
28-01-2009, 05:25 PM
I love how Kate is pretty much hated on every single Sims community site now. I love that. I really do. It serves how right. Smile (sorry Kate but you ruined my happy cloud and I must shun you for this!).

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
28-01-2009, 05:34 PM
I have to join all of you who doesn't like Kate, right now my wish for TS3 to be released on time is more influenced by my wish to go "ner ner ner~" at her.

I really hope EA will think this through better (read: I wish they'll stop acting stupid.)

&quot;Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.&quot;<br /><br />-- Terry Pratchett, Jingo<br />[Image: bannerIDSFkopia-1.jpg]
<br /><br />My Deviantart page<br />
28-01-2009, 05:38 PM
I want to remind myself what this Kate looks like. I'm sure there was a picture of her from the Creator's Camp posted someplace. Just so I can make her in the game and make her live an unhappy pixel life (maybe I'm taking it way too far but if ever one day I'm bored while playing the game and need some inspiration, I'll have this post to remind me what I can do).

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]