Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
So I just finished reading Twilight...
28-01-2009, 05:48 PM
So I just finished reading Twilight...
I'm going to side with you people who like it, but not with you who loves it to death. The Discworld series will probably always be my favorite, no matter how many sparkly vampires they throw at me Big Grin

Now, I'm just wondering. If I thought the book was quite good, is the movie worth it? My friends saw it this weekend and didn't think it was all it's cracked up to be, but I'd like some more opinions before I make up my mind.

[sub]Also, I hope I'm posting this in the right part of the forum...[/sub]

&quot;Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.&quot;<br /><br />-- Terry Pratchett, Jingo<br />[Image: bannerIDSFkopia-1.jpg]
<br /><br />My Deviantart page<br />
Quote this message in a reply
28-01-2009, 05:53 PM
Re: So I just finished reading Twilight...
Haha yes you are Wink
&& TBH no the movie is not worth watching,but that's my opinion.
I thought the book was way better,and alot of Twilight fans are hoping the 2nd book is good.
The casting was okay[Except for Bella -.-]
If you don't know I love Emmett Cullen,and seeing him on the film was amazing. The knife part was hilarious!
Emmett is the sweet guy who just makes everything more relaxed,and BD was funny. Alot of cracking jokes Wink

28-01-2009, 06:03 PM
Haha, yes I think I've understood that you like Emmet. Your sig gave me a hint at least Tongue And if I may say so myself, he'd probably be the one reason for me to see the movie Smile I didn't really get attached to many of the characters, but I liked him quite a lot.

&quot;Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.&quot;<br /><br />-- Terry Pratchett, Jingo<br />[Image: bannerIDSFkopia-1.jpg]
28-01-2009, 06:06 PM
My mom loves Edward >_>
Errr no one is on Team Switzerland D:except for me.
You should see it,if you want. It's decent for someone who wants to see a movie,but a for a fan it's a waste of time.

28-01-2009, 06:41 PM
Ugh, Edward. I just couldn't like him or Bella very much. I know too many of the signs for Mary Sue and Gary Stu...

I really doubt I'll see it, maybe one day when it airs on some movie channel or when someone forces me to.

28-01-2009, 07:45 PM
The movie really stinks, but it's worth a watch, if you want to compare the book to the movie.

[center]<br />CHICKEN NUGGETS.<br />i'm eating some right now. no, you can't have any, you imbecile!
28-01-2009, 08:57 PM
I liked the movie personally, but it held nothing to the book.
I love the books, I'm currently reading eclipse.

[center][Image: signature.jpg]
<br />the legacy of me - 19/3 | facebook | twitter
28-01-2009, 09:01 PM
(28-01-2009 08:57 PM)Nichola. link Wrote:I liked the movie personally, but it held nothing to the book.
I love the books, I'm currently reading eclipse.
Your finally catching up ;D
Haha Eclispe was a favorite of mine. Everything but the first book it my fav now.
Since the movie destroyed it Dx

28-01-2009, 09:07 PM
I saw the movie 5 times in the cinema, though only because 3 out of those 5 times, somebody else paid for me. It's a good movie but I really don't want to end up venting in general about Twilight, but, I'm going do it anyway, becase I'm a moo.

Since the film came out, my school and all my friends are Twilight obsessives. And, it's driving me bonkers. I preferred those days hen it was just little old me sat on the benches or on the field reading the book, and no one cared about what I was reading 'cause no one knew what it was (I showed people, told them the series was awesome but no one really took any notice). It was only me who loved them. But since the films hit, it's Twilight this and Twilight that, everyone quoting it on MSN, reading it in class, yada yada yada. I know it sounds lame to be irratated by this but it just annoys me SO much and I don't know why. I preffered it at school when no one knew nor cared about Twilight, just because it felt more closer to me.

And most of you all know I'm a HP girl through-and-through. And now that this Twilight obsession has sprung, people are being incredibly rude to me about HP, telling me it's lame and, uh, other words that I won't use on here. A girl I know who claims she has read the HP books more often than I have said to me just a few weeks ago that HP is no comparison to Twilight, and she went on about how rubbish HPis now, and arghh I just felt like crying. I'm lame, I know.

Sad

I still love ya, Harry.

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
28-01-2009, 09:09 PM
x)
TBH I can never read any of the HP books.  {rolleyes}
Somehow I read BD though Tongue