Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Convert forums to phpBB or MyBB
30-01-2009, 02:39 PM (This post was last modified: 30-01-2009 02:41 PM by MrAlex.)
Convert forums to phpBB or MyBB
OK, let me just tell you, that against, phpBB or MyBB, they both beat SMF. Know you might say why? SMF has more plugins than MyBB, but less than phpBB.
That's a bad sign, as SMF lacks many features that phpBB and MyBB provide.
phpBB has more plugins/mods than phpBB, but they add features that NO forum will provide.
Now MyBB is so much more user friendly, and it is SO easy to style it, OMG.

Please consider one of these alternatives;

Thanks,
-Alex

EDIT: I also have a vBulletin license that I'm not using. It expires July 2008.

Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger that we CAN imagine.<br />
(08-02-2009 04:43 PM)[amber + gage] pid=' Wrote:<br />oh i thought it had something to do with the end of the world and clocks saying xx:xx <br />Big GrinD<br />
30-01-2009, 03:45 PM
Re: Convert forums to phpBB or MyBB
Thanks for the comments and suggestion MrAlex, however we won't be changing forums for a while. The amount of work and risk involved is too great. I think the folks here would prefer a stable, working forum rather than risking losing things and upsetting the flow by making unnecessary changes.

We are working on a few things behind the scenes though, so stay tuned!

I'm always happy to help! If you need anything, just send me a personal message (PM) and I'll try help if I can...
30-01-2009, 06:43 PM
You'd hardly be risking anything, plus it takes 5-10 minutes max.
Make a backup of the database?
Tell people that during XX:XX - XX:XX the site will be unusable.
The end!

With phpBB, you can put it in any directory.
Also, stable? phpBB is more stable;

Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger that we CAN imagine.<br />
(08-02-2009 04:43 PM)[amber + gage] pid=' Wrote:<br />oh i thought it had something to do with the end of the world and clocks saying xx:xx <br />Big GrinD<br />
04-02-2009, 10:09 PM
o_o
xx:xx?
the end?
|:

[size=5pt][center]Do you love Him, Do you love Him? Oh yes!<br />Do you love Him? Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Oh yes!<br /> God almighty. Are you anchored? Are you anchored?<br />LORD,I'm anchored, my soul's been anchored in the Lord.<br />Lord, I'm anchored. Oh yes! Lord, I love You. Oh yes!<br />Yes, I'll serve You. Oh yes! Lord, I'll praise You. Oh yes! <br />My soul's been anchored in the Lord, my Lord, in, the, lord.<br /><br />cantabile oh nine xo
08-02-2009, 12:58 PM
(04-02-2009 10:09 PM)Amber &gt; Oisin link Wrote:o_o
xx:xx?
the end?
|:
xx:xx is time, e.g 14:52-13:00
the end, i.e THE END (At movies or in a book)

08-02-2009, 04:43 PM
oh i thought it had something to do with the end of the world and clocks saying xx:xx
Big GrinD

[size=5pt][center]Do you love Him, Do you love Him? Oh yes!<br />Do you love Him? Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Oh yes!<br /> God almighty. Are you anchored? Are you anchored?<br />LORD,I'm anchored, my soul's been anchored in the Lord.<br />Lord, I'm anchored. Oh yes! Lord, I love You. Oh yes!<br />Yes, I'll serve You. Oh yes! Lord, I'll praise You. Oh yes! <br />My soul's been anchored in the Lord, my Lord, in, the, lord.<br /><br />cantabile oh nine xo
08-02-2009, 05:39 PM
dateline= Wrote:link=topic=4754.msg170175#msg170175 date=1234107805]
oh i thought it had something to do with the end of the world and clocks saying xx:xx
Big GrinD

Goin in ma sig Wink

Thread Closed