Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Error message: You are running the wrong version of The Sim 2. Please run . inst
04-02-2009, 08:04 AM
Error message: You are running the wrong version of The Sim 2. Please run . inst
Im at my wits end. The installment of Sim 2 Holiday went fine but when I tried to run it I got this message: You are running the wrong version of Sim 2. Please run . instead. I already tried the knowledge Base and got answers that got nothing to do with this error. Please dont tell me to put in correct disc because there is no other Sim 2 installed except for Sim 2 Holiday Edition. Before this installment I deleted the Sim 2 registries and C:/Document and Setting entries. And still I get this error message. The dot in the error message (Please run . instead) indicate that something from previous installment is preventing me from running the game. Anyone can help me with this? Thanks.

burley
Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2009, 04:33 PM
Re: Error message: You are running the wrong version of The Sim 2. Please run . inst
The Sims 2 Holiday Stuff? Like Christmas?
You just run it with the original Sims 2 disk.

Holiday as in Bon Voyage, I'm not sure.

[center][Image: signature.jpg]
<br />the legacy of me - 19/3 | facebook | twitter
04-02-2009, 07:29 PM
Re: Error message: You are running the wrong version of The Sim 2. Please run . inst
Did you read my message? Sim 2 Holiday Edition is Sim 2 with Holiday pak. The issue is not the Holiday pak. The issue is; After I reinstalled Sim 2 Holiday Edition with no other Sim 2 games installed then when I tried to run this game I got this error message; You are running the wrong version of Sim 2. Please run . instead. You see now? As long I have this error message I cannot run the game. Now do you see what is wrong with that error message? There is a dot in that message which is suppose to be one of the other Sim 2 expansion games. But the problem is there are no other Sim 2 games installed. This tell me that there is something from the previous installment is preventing me from running the game. But what??

I already went thru this several months ago and gave up because no one from EA and forum could help me. Now this look like another dead end. It just unbelievable that no one ever have this error message and not resolve it.  Please help.
04-02-2009, 10:04 PM
Oh, sorry
I don't have Sims 2 Holiday Edition, I bought it separately.
And I did read your message, don't be so rude.
I'm not sure whats happened, Scott or Bat may be able to help.

[center][Image: signature.jpg]
<br />the legacy of me - 19/3 | facebook | twitter
04-02-2009, 11:02 PM
First off, I have read your messages completely. Please don't get angry with me or any other member here about this. We are only trying to help you out.

Now, what was the game that was installed previous to this installation?

I'm here to help! Send me a private message!
05-02-2009, 03:13 AM
Okay, so I'm assuming that you've tried every disk that came with your game, and you got the same error message every time?

What OS are you running this on? Have you tried the games on any other computer? Do you have any other EPs or SPs that you could install over this and see if you can play it now?

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]