Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I cancelled my pre-order
04-02-2009, 01:03 PM
I cancelled my pre-order
So it is that business, once again, was more important than people. They delayed the game because they feel they're not making enough money with it as it is. Thank you very much. By this the community now knows, undeniably, just how unimportant we are to EA who are nothing  but greedy fat cats that should be nationalized so their customers finally get what they intended to pay for!!!

I guess buying products from EA is such an honor that they figured they deliver whenever they darned feel like. I would have accepted a: Sorry guys. The game's not ready. But I DO NOT accept a: Sorry guys. We feel we want to make more money with this. So you'll just have to wait till summer.

Yeah sure. Up my shaft you goldigging EA imbeciles.

As you very well know, EA Guys, every action introduces a re-action and mine was to cancel my pre-order on the collectors edition and the pre-view CD just about seventy bucks that you are not going to receive from me now.

What will follow is that I am no doubt going to forget the game altogether. Very well. You wanted to land a summer block buster in the game industry... But oh you silly EA people, don't you know, there're much better games coming out in summer and I'm already looking forward to spending the money that I did not spend on Sims 3 on Mafia 2 instead.

And meanwhile I'm having a ball playing Lord of the Rings Online.

Keep your game. I don't want it any more.

A former Simmer

Cross the wounded Galaxies
Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2009, 01:18 PM
Re: I cancelled my pre-order
Right, there are much better games in the summertime.  Idk how big they think TS3 is, but it is not gonna compete with big shooters and RPGs.

They knew that the community was excited, they knew that we were counting down the final days, then they had the balls to say "Good news, TS3 comes out in June."  Like that's good news.  That's like saying, "You are lucky enough to get in in June at least."

I am with you 100 percent on cancelling your preorder, but unfortunately, they don't care about the faithful, lost customers.  They care more about attracting new customers, that won't even stick to TS3, because they are gonna buy it on DS and some other console, and it would totally suck, and the person won't have the PC for it, or they may say, hey, this game sucks, it may suck on PC, so I'm not getting it.

I wish I can cancel, I wish everyone can, but I can't..I'm going to get it anyways, like EA knows people will.  But big action and congrats to you for doing it.  It's sad to see how their treatment turned away loyal fans like you and other fans.

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
04-02-2009, 01:24 PM
(04-02-2009 01:18 PM)SuggieGlider link Wrote:Right, there are much better games in the summertime.  Idk how big they think TS3 is, but it is not gonna compete with big shooters and RPGs.
Actually, The Sims is the best selling video game franchise EVER, and it surpasses easily every other game out there when it comes to the sales.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_bes...o_games#PC

Believe me, this delay will only help them.
04-02-2009, 01:46 PM
On PC, it is, but trust me, it will not compete with the big shooters and RPGs.

There are a lot more people that would not rather have TS3 at all.  Those console games aren't gonna sell as good as the PC, and those other games for consoles they are competing against, it won't match.

It may sell the best on PC, but not on console.

If Final Fantasy XIII was coming out at the same time as TS3, expect FF to have the midnight release and the fans waiting at the doors.

Most console gamers...really  most gamers are teenage boys to grown men.  A lot of those men aren't attracted to The Sims.

They don't fool me when they say EVER.  Final Fantasy sold more than The Sims.  They need to change that biggest franchise stuff to PC, instead of for everything.  Their console games don't sell well after a while. 

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
04-02-2009, 01:53 PM
(04-02-2009 01:46 PM)SuggieGlider link Wrote:On PC, it is, but trust me, it will not compete with the big shooters and RPGs.

There are a lot more people that would not rather have TS3 at all.  Those console games aren't gonna sell as good as the PC, and those other games for consoles they are competing against, it won't match.

If Final Fantasy XIII was coming out at the same time as TS3, expect FF to have the midnight release and the fans waiting at the doors.

Most console gamers...really  most gamers are teenage boys to grown men.  A lot of those men aren't attracted to The Sims.

They don't fool me when they say EVER.  Final Fantasy sold more than The Sims.  They need to change that biggest franchise stuff to PC, instead of for everything.  Their console games don't sell well after a while. 

Agreed.

But even on PC they have hard competition. Games like Crysis, Assassins Creed, in my opinion, are far better produced. Maybe they don't make that kind of money but the effort put into these games, the love of detail is delightful. Where as Sims is deteriorating into a business case more and more. The developers don't share with the community the way they used to. I'm turning cold towards this game and I used to love it passionately.

Cross the wounded Galaxies
04-02-2009, 02:02 PM
(04-02-2009 01:46 PM)SuggieGlider link Wrote:On PC, it is, but trust me, it will not compete with the big shooters and RPGs.

That still doesn't mean that both TS and TS2 haven't sold A LOT of copies, because they have. And if they broke the record for PC sales, it must mean that people still buy it even if there are better games out there.

And then, there are many people like me, who can't afford game consoles and even there are those that still prefer the PC, that will only buy PC games and there is not much competition.
04-02-2009, 02:15 PM
Cancelled!  {clap}

Take that EA (since that is pretty much all I could do to you...I wanna hit Ben Bell  Sad )

now i can worry about more important things...like Ninjas.
04-02-2009, 02:17 PM
(04-02-2009 02:02 PM)Sara link Wrote:That still doesn't mean that both TS and TS2 haven't sold A LOT of copies, because they have. And if they broke the record for PC sales, it must mean that people still buy it even if there are better games out there.

And then, there are many people like me, who can't afford game consoles and even there are those that still prefer the PC, that will only buy PC games and there is not much competition.

Agreed. I'm not saying that they haven't sold a lot of games, they did.  But they are going overboard when they say best selling franchise ever.  That is hard to believe when there are games franchises that had been around much longer, and have sold hundreds of millions on release day, like Metal Gear Solid, GTA, Final Fantasy, Mario, Pokemon...The Sims cannot be the best selling franchise ever.  It may be the biggest PC franchise, but not the biggest out of everything.

The Sims is the only game I buy on PC.  I don't PC game, because as you said, less competition.  Plus, PC games eat up your hard drive and RAM.  With a console, you have a variety of games, all kinds of titles, and you don't have to worry about not being able to play a game, because of your specs.

Delaying would only help them a little, but every penny adds up, even if TS3 don't sell super well on everything else.

(04-02-2009 01:53 PM)LadyAnnabellOfGlenmore link Wrote:Agreed.

But even on PC they have hard competition. Games like Crysis, Assassins Creed, in my opinion, are far better produced. Maybe they don't make that kind of money but the effort put into these games, the love of detail is delightful. Where as Sims is deteriorating into a business case more and more. The developers don't share with the community the way they used to. I'm turning cold towards this game and I used to love it passionately.

I agree.  I am also getting a cold heart towards EA.  The Sims is the only game I really had purchased from EA.  Their biggest games are Madden and The Sims.  They have annoyed me over the last lots of months with lack of news, no updates, and crap.

Yeah, Assassian's Creed and stuff are way better produced...idk what EA spends their cash on.  I know it's bills and paychecks, but they have lots left over.  And I know they use it for the development of expansion packs.  I don't know why it isn't produced as good as other games...the graphics are perfect, keeps the Sim's cartoony, loving appearance, but idk...probably it's a hard game to produce really good.

05-02-2009, 04:40 AM
Well-said... hats off to you for having the guts to not buy TS3 at all. Honestly, I'm so furious I just want to punch random kids in their faces.

I never bought them saying "ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG WE ARE THE BEST SELLING GAME IN THE WORLD AND ON MARS!!!". A lot of people don't even know what Sims is... Pokemon and Final Fantasy are like, eternal.

Right now I'm occupying myself with Guitar Hero... may be better than Sims, they don't deeply hurt their fans D= I sound so desperate, but honestly, I can't get over the delay. I was depressed enough, then I come online and see "RELEASE DATE, JUNE 2009" in big letters.

[center]<br />CHICKEN NUGGETS.<br />i'm eating some right now. no, you can't have any, you imbecile!
05-02-2009, 05:28 AM
(04-02-2009 01:03 PM)LadyAnnabellOfGlenmore link Wrote:So it is that business, once again, was more important than people. They delayed the game because they feel they're not making enough money with it as it is. Thank you very much. By this the community now knows, undeniably, just how unimportant we are to EA who are nothing  but greedy fat cats that should be nationalized so their customers finally get what they intended to pay for!!!

I guess buying products from EA is such an honor that they figured they deliver whenever they darned feel like. I would have accepted a: Sorry guys. The game's not ready. But I DO NOT accept a: Sorry guys. We feel we want to make more money with this. So you'll just have to wait till summer.

Yeah sure. Up my shaft you goldigging EA imbeciles.

As you very well know, EA Guys, every action introduces a re-action and mine was to cancel my pre-order on the collectors edition and the pre-view CD just about seventy bucks that you are not going to receive from me now.

What will follow is that I am no doubt going to forget the game altogether. Very well. You wanted to land a summer block buster in the game industry... But oh you silly EA people, don't you know, there're much better games coming out in summer and I'm already looking forward to spending the money that I did not spend on Sims 3 on Mafia 2 instead.

And meanwhile I'm having a ball playing Lord of the Rings Online.

Keep your game. I don't want it any more.

A former Simmer

you should EA SUCKS AND RIPS THE **** OFF US

SO **** OFF EA GAMES Smile

[Image: visesims+logo.jpg]
<br /><br />Smile http://www.visesims.net.tc