Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
After a rethink, I'm going to take what I get and appreciate it.
04-02-2009, 06:26 PM
After a rethink, I'm going to take what I get and appreciate it.
I've changed my mind, I've decided that I don't CARE anymore that the game is delayed four months. This might seem like a random topic but I felt like sharing and I'm hoping it might convince a few others to see things a little differently.

Because, without intending to sound all mushy and all that, I realised that there are more imporant things in the world than a 4-month delay. I raise my hands and admit, it sucks. It really sucks. Comapanies like EA and WB don't deserve our respect half the time. And what EA did was terrible.

However, some of you guys might know it's been snowing quite a lot over here in the UK and we've all been trying to make the most of it. I was listening to the news as I got ready this morning, and a girl from Sheffield, where I'm from, suffered an accident yesterday I think it was, after sledging down a field straight into a fence of barbed wire, and then another fence that stopped her and her friends from crashing into a river. She died. The rest of her friends are seriously injured but lived. I'm not going into it because it's horrific and this isn't the place. But it made me realise that you need to seriously appreciate every single day you have and everything you've got. That girl was just a normal, talented girl having fun with her mates, and she ended up destroying her life and her familes' lives too, as they've now got to cope without her. And I felt seriously embarassed because when I heard the news, just half an hour prior to that, I had been sat on the forums still moaning about a delay for a game.

Heck, we're all still alive, we've still got a fantastic game to look forward to, its just... going to take a little longer. But I can do these four months now, because I've learned today that even though everything looks like it sucks, it doesn't.

The purpose of this post is remember that the game will be here eventually, we've all been here together a while waiting, we can help each other through a few more months, and we're going to enjoy this game like there's no tomorrow! We've got everything to live for still, so enjoy it and look forward to what's going to be a great game, 4 months to go or not. {yes}

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2009, 06:31 PM
Re: After a rethink, I'm going to take what I get and appreciate it.
Thats exactly my view on this!
Tbh, imo theres more important things than having a moan about a game, remember that you're still full of life, and with a few more months of waiting, you could do so much til then!
Its a shame about that girl though Sad

[center][Image: signature.jpg]
<br />the legacy of me - 19/3 | facebook | twitter
04-02-2009, 06:41 PM
Yeah, ironically it's just come up again on the news as I was posting that. If anyone is actually interested in it you can see more about the accident here.
And yeah, these months are going to be hard for hardcore Simmers like myself and most of us on the forums, I wont lie. But I feel positive that we can all get through it. Smile

04-02-2009, 06:42 PM
That's what I was thinking as well. Come on, it's just a goddamn game! It'll come out eventually and we'll have it then! I also have a webcomic to work on and run and I have fun doing it. I breed fish. I walk in the woods. I laugh (inside of me) at idiots. Isn't it awesome? Big Grin

If it's all about money, this is the world we live in and there is nothing we can do about. E-mails and hate messages won't help.
04-02-2009, 06:48 PM
Lol, awesome! Big Grin

Well I dont regret doing that e-mail, I reckon every little counts and regardless EA needs to know how people feel. But you guys are still totally right. It's a game. We all deserved our little (big) moan. But it's done now, so I'm just appreciating the fact we even have this game to look forward to. They could have cancelled it or something. Lets just appreciate that it's coming out in the near future.

04-02-2009, 08:22 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2009 08:25 PM by lilia2055.)
i know this isn't the topic for it but there are some pretty terrible things going on in the world. Cassie i don't know if u heard about that guy killing babies over here (belgium, just a sea apart Tongue) in a nursery, happened a couple of weeks ago. those kids never got to do anything...they were like 8 and 9 months old. it really does make a person realise how precious life is, and how easily it can be taken away.

[Image: dragonimage_101027_78514_pixel.gif]
<br />[Image: dragonimage_139050_78514_pixel.gif]
[Image: dragonimage_180894_78514_pixel.gif]
[Image: dragonimage_223605_78514_pixel.gif]
04-02-2009, 08:49 PM
No, I'm glad you raised another example so we can look at it and realise we're lucky. That's quite disturbing, what that man did. Once again it makes me feel silly for getting grumpy over a game. I think people here are calming down at least. Not so sure about everywhere else, however..

04-02-2009, 09:10 PM
So the game has been delayed again?  that does suck.  Granted, I wasn't going to get TS3 right away myself.  Still too much for me to do in TS2 (especially since I just bought Bon Voyage yesterday - my TS2 collection is complete) and I just couldn't throw it all away yet.

But, you're absolutely right.

Life is precious, and even though the game has been delayed it WILL come to us.  Maybe they found a few bugs and they need to tweak it some more, who knows.  Point is - It's okay to be disappointed, and even a little angry - but the world is not coming to end.  This just gives you time to do something else for a change.

If you're bored of TS2 - try going outside.  Take up a new hobby like reading, drawing, poetry, or see if there is any volunteer work in your community that needs some extra hands.  Instead of whining and moping - do something with your life.  It's too precious to just sit around and whine/mope over a delayed game.

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie
04-02-2009, 10:19 PM
I agree,Cassie. And that's sad what happened to that girl Sad
IMO it's a bit of waste of time to cry over a game,or get mad at it. I'm just glad that they even thought of making a new game. Because honestly they could've stopped @ TS2. There are much more things to worry about then a game Wink

05-02-2009, 04:16 AM
These are exactly my views. I think that's why i'm actually not as disappointed with the delay as I thought i'd be when all the rumors of it were flying around. I thought it would be the end of the world, and people would be crying, etc.

So just enjoy what we have! TS2 is still a pretty awesome game! Or go and enjoy yourself outside! Or.... Do something you like to do.

However, if EA delays the game again, i WILL go to california and personally slaughter them.

[center][Image: RIVERBACK.png]
[/center]