Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
WinRar?
16-02-2009, 10:49 PM
WinRar?
how do you extract files from winrar into your game? thanks!
Quote this message in a reply
16-02-2009, 11:09 PM
Re: WinRar?
trying 2 unzip raon sims stuffz =]
16-02-2009, 11:13 PM
Just extract it to your downloads folder I believe. {blink}

I'm here to help! Send me a private message!
19-02-2009, 04:00 AM
[size=8pt]Go to your documents [[start >> documents]], create a new folder and name it something like 'Sims 2 Downloads' or whatever you want, go and download all of the CC you want. Make sure to save it to your 'Sims 2 Downloads' folder in documents, though.
Then go to the little place with all the. . . well. . . [[start >> documents >> ea games >> the sims 2]] and create a new folder and name it Downloads ((or whatever you please, really.)) Then go back to your 'Sims 2 Downloads' folder in your documents and highlight all of conent in the 'Sims 2 Downloads' folder. Right click and choose 'extract files. . .' not 'extract files here'. A small window will pop up. Then choose the little tab under where it says documents. [[it also says things like public, computer, or network.]] It should be your username for your computer. [[username for you computer >> documents >> ea games >> the sims 2 >> click on the 'downloads' folder you created >> ok.]]
It should extract all of the CC you highlighted into your game (:

if you have any problems or questions, feel free to ask. I'd be more than happy to try to help further or give you a screen-shot walkthrough. It's how I get my CC into my game (:

[center][size=8pt][[ t-tell your boyfriend<br />if he says he's got beef,<br />that I'm a vegetarian<br />&amp;&amp; I ain't f-kin' scared of him. ]]<br /><br />d u n c a n  f a m i l y ![/size]<br /> [Image: piTE.gif]
&nbsp;&nbsp; [Image: y7jV.gif]
&nbsp;&nbsp; [Image: wEwJ.gif]
&nbsp;&nbsp; [Image: z110.gif]
<br />[/center]
22-02-2009, 05:25 AM
I'm having a problem with some of my cc showing up and some not.  I saw this info and was wondering if this applies to Vista or if it's for XP?  I save download with winrar and then I extract to users>>my name>>downloads as I had been advised and this is getting some content into the game and some not.
22-02-2009, 06:28 AM
It should be the same thing, just make sure your extracting it to the downloads folder in the EA Games -> Sims 2 folder.

[center]<br />“Be vewy, vewy quiet. We’re hunting demons.”<br />- Phoebe Halliwell<br /><br />My Sims 2 Stories and Legacies<br /><br />| Halliwell Asylum | The Willams's Legacy | The Peterson Story |<br />| Eyra - Prosperity Challenge | The Picker Family - Uglacy | <br /><br />My Sims 3 Stories and Legacies<br /> <br />| Role Legacy | Sim Share 2 | Sim Share 3 | SimsForums Legacy |<br /><br />There's new updates for the Picker Family<br /><br />| LJ | Website |<br />[/center]
22-02-2009, 03:42 PM
Make sure you have the meshes too.

I'm here to help! Send me a private message!
22-02-2009, 06:18 PM
Yeah, some times when you download items, they require a  "Mesh", which is a base item needed to make the CC work.

If it's a recolor of an EA item that you should have via an EP, SP or Base Game, then naturally the CC will show up, but a lot of times if you download from a website, they'll have something that says "Mesh Required" and then will link you to where you can get the mesh for the item.

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie