Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Need some help with interactions
18-02-2009, 09:36 PM
Need some help with interactions
I am new to the world of Sims and am more than a bit overwhelmed.
I have Double Deluxe, Open for business and Apartment life.
I am doing ok with the building side of it all, finding tutorials and such, but...

I am having trouble with the relationships part. Where can I find tutorials on dating for example?
Why do my dates walk away if I stop talking to them, when we are in a crowd? How do I break out of the loop of only having the option of brag or chat?
Where are the options (procedures) for them to get into the photo booth with me for example (if that is one of theirs or my wants) etc.
I am also having trouble understanding the Aspiration Rewards concept and how to implement it.

Sorry if this is readably available info, but I just don’t know where to find it. Can anyone help?
Quote this message in a reply
18-02-2009, 10:22 PM
Re: Need some help with interactions
I have found doing different actions help, you need variety. Play "redhands" or some other action as well as the ones you have already done.
As your sims become friends more interactions become available. Try each of the options in the menu as many times as needed.

Making friends is hard, that is why lots of players use a cheat to make it easier. But it is not necessary, you can do it without cheats.
19-02-2009, 11:04 PM (This post was last modified: 19-02-2009 11:46 PM by Majick.)
Re: Need some help with interactions
(18-02-2009 09:36 PM)WorldWind link Wrote:I am new to the world of Sims and am more than a bit overwhelmed.
I have Double Deluxe, Open for business and Apartment life.
I am doing ok with the building side of it all, finding tutorials and such, but...

I am having trouble with the relationships part. Where can I find tutorials on dating for example?
Why do my dates walk away if I stop talking to them, when we are in a crowd? How do I break out of the loop of only having the option of brag or chat?
Where are the options (procedures) for them to get into the photo booth with me for example (if that is one of theirs or my wants) etc.
I am also having trouble understanding the Aspiration Rewards concept and how to implement it.

Sorry if this is readably available info, but I just don’t know where to find it. Can anyone help?

Welcome to the world of Sims!

For tutorials on building, dating and anything else, you can visit  ModTheSims2.com (it's free to sign up).  Okay, let's get started!

Relationships: Your date will walk away if you stop talking to them, because that's just how the game is.  You cannot control NPC (non playable character) Sims.  You also have Free Will turned on for your Sims and your Sims only.  You can go under the Game Options when you first load the game up and see if it allows you to turn Free Will off until you get the hang of it, but not all systems will let you; mine doesn't let me.  For starters, you will only ever have Brag and Chat options, but as you chat and their friendship increases, you'll begin to see more options like Talk About Interests, or Talk About Hobbies (if you have Freetime).  Sims generally become friends around 50 or 55, but I've seen Sims go as high as 78 before they would be friends.  The same goes for becoming Best Friends.  To find the score, you can go into your sims Friends Panel, select All, and you'll see a tiny thumbnail of the Sim in question, and the score of their relationship.

The Photo booth:  You can click on the photo booth, and select Take Picture With ..., then from there will be a list of names of the Sims you know on the current community lot.  But, be careful, if your Sim and that Sim are not friends, they may turn you down and that will lower your relationship score.

Aspiration Rewards:  Your Sims' wants are want earn you Aspiration Points, and their fears take these points away.  As you fill needs, your points go higher.  As you earn more points, you unlock different items.  Some items help improve friendships, some help keep your Sims in a good mood, and there are others that help make skilling go faster; such as the Smart Milk for Toddlers, and a yellow helmet with a light bulb on the top (I forget what it's called).  KEEP IN MIND, that if your Sim's aspiration is below Gold (yellow) there can be devastating setbacks.  They can make your Sim lose all it's energy and fall asleep right there on the floor, cause them to starve to near death (or even TO death!) and much more, depending on what the Aspiration Reward item does exactly.

Well, I hope this has helped you, and if you have any further questions, don't be afraid to ask!  We're a friendly bunch and love to help!

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie